Affiliation: National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences
- Bayesian multilocus association mapping on ordinal and censored traits and its application to the analysis of genetic variation among Oryza sativa L. germplasmsHiroyoshi Iwata
Data Mining and Grid Research Team, National Agricultural Research Center, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, 3 1 1 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8666, Japan
Theor Appl Genet 118:865-80. 2009..We found significant markers that may be linked to previously reported QTLs. Our approach will be useful for whole-genome association mapping of ordinal and censored traits in rice germplasm collections...
- Bayesian association mapping of multiple quantitative trait loci and its application to the analysis of genetic variation among Oryza sativa L. germplasmsHiroyoshi Iwata
Data Mining and Grid Research Team, National Agricultural Research Center, 3 1 1 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8666, Japan
Theor Appl Genet 114:1437-49. 2007..Association mapping should have good prospects in highly selfing species such as rice if proper methods are adopted. Our approach will be useful for the whole genome association mapping of various selfing crop species...
- Genetic diversity among Japanese indigenous common buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) cultivars as determined from amplified fragment length polymorphism and simple sequence repeat markers and quantitative agronomic traitsHiroyoshi Iwata
Department of Information Science and Technology, National Agricultural Research Center, Ibaraki, Japan
Genome 48:367-77. 2005..382-0.607) between allelic richness and variation in flowering timing, indicating that cumulative bottleneck events have occurred during the population history, with a decline in the variation of photosensitivity of flowering...
- SHAPE: a computer program package for quantitative evaluation of biological shapes based on elliptic Fourier descriptorsH Iwata
Department of Information Science and Technology, National Agricultural Research Center, 3-1-1 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8666, Japan
J Hered 93:384-5. 2002
- Genome scan to detect genetic structure and adaptive genes of natural populations of Cryptomeria japonicaYoshihiko Tsumura
National Agricultural Research Center, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8666, Japan
Genetics 176:2393-403. 2007....
- Ability of bumblebees to discriminate differences in the shape of artificial flowers of Primula sieboldii (Primulaceae)Yosuke Yoshioka
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8572 Japan
Ann Bot 99:1175-82. 2007..This study focused on the diversity of flower shape in Primula sieboldii and investigated the ability of bumblebees to discriminate between flowers by combining computer graphics with a traditional behavioural experiment...
- Relationship between Changes in Crystalline Lens Shape and Axial Elongation in Young ChildrenKotaro Ishii
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:771-7. 2013..To evaluate the relationship between changes in crystalline lens shape and axial elongation during growth in young children...
- EM algorithm for Bayesian estimation of genomic breeding valuesTakeshi Hayashi
Division of Animal Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
BMC Genet 11:3. 2010..However, much computational burden is imposed on the MCMC-based Bayesian methods. A method with both high computing efficiency and prediction accuracy is desired to be developed for practical use of genomic selection...
- A consensus linkage map for sugi (Cryptomeria japonica) from two pedigrees, based on microsatellites and expressed sequence tagsNaoki Tani
Department of Forest Genetics, Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8687, Japan
Genetics 165:1551-68. 2003..These markers are very useful for integration of different linkage maps, QTL mapping, and comparative mapping for evolutional study, especially for species with a large genome size such as conifers...
- Genetic structure of island populations of Prunus lannesiana var. speciosa revealed by chloroplast DNA, AFLP and nuclear SSR loci analysesShuri Kato
Department of Forest Genetics, Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute, Matsunosato 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8687, Japan
J Plant Res 124:11-23. 2011..Furthermore, hybridization with related species may have affected the genetic structure, and some genetic introgression is likely to have occurred...
- Analysis of petal shape variation of Primula sieboldii by elliptic fourier descriptors and principal component analysisYosuke Yoshioka
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8572, Japan
Ann Bot (Lond) 94:657-64. 2004..With respect to petal area, the contribution of genotypes is also large; it is, however, affected by the macro-environment more notably than is petal shape...
- Genetic diversity and the genetic structure of natural populations of Chamaecyparis obtusa: implications for management and conservationY Tsumura
Department of Forest Genetics, Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute, Tsukuba, Japan
Heredity (Edinb) 99:161-72. 2007....
- Bayesian QTL mapping for multiple families derived from crossing a set of inbred lines to a reference lineT Hayashi
Division of Animal Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Heredity (Edinb) 102:497-505. 2009..The method was evaluated through the use of simulated data sets for its efficiency in detecting QTL and identifying families segregating at each QTL...
- Single-strand conformation polymorphism of sequence-tagged site markers based on partial sequences of cDNA clones in Cryptomeria japonicaTokuko Ujino-Ihara
Department of Forest Genetics, Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute, Kukizaki, Ibaraki, Japan
Genes Genet Syst 77:251-7. 2002....
- A Bayesian method and its variational approximation for prediction of genomic breeding values in multiple traitsTakeshi Hayashi
Agroinformatics Division, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, Agricultural Research Center, Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8666, Japan
BMC Bioinformatics 14:34. 2013..As the computational burden of multi-trait analysis is even higher than that of single-trait analysis, an effective computational method for constructing a multi-trait prediction model is also needed...
- QTL analysis of photoperiod sensitivity in common buckwheat by using markers for expressed sequence tags and photoperiod-sensitivity candidate genesTakashi Hara
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Breed Sci 61:394-404. 2011..These results demonstrate that photoperiod sensitivity in common buckwheat is controlled by a pathway consisting of photoperiod-sensitivity candidate genes as well as multiple gene action...
- Quantitative evaluation of changes in eyeball shape in emmetropization and myopic changes based on elliptic fourier descriptorsKotaro Ishii
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:8585-91. 2011..To evaluate changes in eyeball shape in emmetropization and myopic changes using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and elliptic Fourier descriptors (EFDs)...
- Mapping QTLs influencing rice floral morphology using recombinant inbred lines derived from a cross between Oryza sativa L. and Oryza rufipogon GriffY Uga
Institute of Agricultural and Forest Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Theor Appl Genet 107:218-26. 2003..These results suggest that quantitative variation observed for pistil, stamen and glume traits is controlled by several distinct genes with small effects...
- Quantitative evaluation of the petal shape variation in Primula sieboldii caused by breeding process in the last 300 yearsY Yoshioka
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8572, Japan
Heredity 94:657-63. 2005..sieboldii...
- Integrated metabolomic and transcriptomic analyses of high-tryptophan rice expressing a mutant anthranilate synthase alpha subunitJoseph G Dubouzet
CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Tokyo 103 0027, Japan
J Exp Bot 58:3309-21. 2007....
- Distribution of S-alleles in island populations of flowering cherry, Prunus lannesiana var. speciosaShuri Kato
United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Gifu University, Japan
Genes Genet Syst 82:65-75. 2007..This might be due to the greater effective migration rates of S-alleles, as expected under balancing selection in GSI...