Affiliation: National Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Folate intakes and folate biomarker profiles of pregnant Japanese women in the first trimesterN Mito
Division of Applied Food Research, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:83-90. 2007..To assess the status of dietary folate intake, serum and red blood cell (RBC) folate, and related nutritional biomarkers in healthy Japanese women in early pregnancy...
- Oral-tolerance induction in diet-induced obese miceNatsuko Mito
Division of Applied Food Research, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1 23 1, Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8636, Japan
Life Sci 79:1056-61. 2006..In this study we investigated the effect of obesity on induction of oral tolerance to ovalbumin (OVA) in an animal model of obesity...
- Paradoxical depression in renal transplant recipientsH Sugawara
Department of Psychiatry, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:3448-50. 2008..These psychological factors might in fact be related to the loss of an imagined past. Additional consecutive prospective studies are needed-a challenging prospect for consultation liaison psychiatrists in the field of transplantation...
- Carotid plaque and intima-media thickness assessed by b-mode ultrasonography in subjects ranging from young adults to centenariansS Homma
Department of Internal Medicine, Kugayama Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Stroke 32:830-5. 2001....
- Hemodialysis paradox: survey on the incidence rate of hepatocellular carcinoma in antihepatitis virus C-antibody-positive chronic hemodialysis patientsH Ishida
Department of Surgery III, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Artif Organs 25:58-60. 2001..However, further research is needed because this study was preliminary and excluded the type of HCV virus, pathological findings, and laboratory data...
- Retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy: extended experience in a single centerK Tanabe
Section of Renal Transplantation Renovascular Surgery, Department of Urology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Transplant Proc 36:1917-9. 2004..Retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy (RPLDN) was performed because it is considered to be less invasive than open live donor-nephrectomy (OLDN) or transperitoneal laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy...
- Quality of life improvements in dialysis patients receiving darbepoetin alfaShunichi Fukuhara
Department of Epidemiology and Healthcare Research, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine and Public Health, Kyoto, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 12:72-7. 2008..Vitality increased significantly only in those patients with the greatest increases in Hb concentration and in those with higher final Hb concentrations...
- Milk basic protein increases bone mineral density and improves bone metabolism in healthy young womenK Uenishi
Laboratory of Physiological Nutrition, Kagawa Nutrition University, 3 9 21 Chiyoda, Sakado shi, Saitama, 350 0288, Japan
Osteoporos Int 18:385-90. 2007..Effect of milk basic protein on bone metabolism in healthy young women...
- Antibiotic selection patterns in acutely febrile new outpatients with or without immediate testing for C reactive protein and leucocyte countY Takemura
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 8513, Japan
J Clin Pathol 58:729-33. 2005..Excessive use of broad spectrum antibiotics is related to the spread of drug resistant bacterial strains in the community...
- Efficacy of IgM anti-blood type antibody monitoring by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay after renal transplantation across the blood barrier: high-dose immunoglobulin administration blocks IgM rather than IgG anti-blood type antibodiesH Ishida
Department of Urology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Transplant Proc 36:2178-81. 2004..Blocking of IgM seems to play an important role in improving ABO-incompatible grafts...
- Comparison of the effects of gasless procedure, CO2-pneumoperitoneum, and laparotomy on splenic and hepatic natural killer activity in a rat modelI Takeuchi
Department of Surgery, Saitama Medical Center and School, 1981 Kamoda, Kawagoe, Saitama, 350 8550, Japan
Surg Endosc 18:255-60. 2004..Natural killer (NK) activity plays an important role in the prevention of tumor metastasis. However, few studies compared changes in NK activities between gas(less) laparoscopy and open surgery...
- Distribution of intrasplenically injected colon cancer cells following pneumoperitoneum in miceH Ishida
Department of Surgery, Saitama Medical Center and School, 1981, Kamoda, Tsujido cho Kawagoe, Japan 350 8550
Surg Endosc 17:1278-82. 2003..Few studies have examined tumor cell distribution following laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer. We examined the effect of carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneum on the distribution of intrasplenically injected colon cancer cells in mice...
- Industrialization, class structure, and social mobility in postwar JapanH Ishida
Institute of Social Sciences, University of Tokyo
Br J Sociol 52:579-604. 2001..Furthermore, Japan's distinctive pattern of postwar social mobility is characterized by a combination of rapidly changing absolute mobility rates and comparatively stable relative mobility rates...
- Impairment of insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue in the Tsumura Suzuki obese diabetic mouse: a new genetic animal model of type 2 diabetesT Miura
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Faculty of Health Science, 1001 1 Kishioka cho, Suzuka, Mie 510 0293, Japan
Eur J Endocrinol 145:785-90. 2001..A defect in insulin stimulation of GLUT4 translocation also contributes to the characteristics of type 2 diabetes...
- Factors affecting renal function in 119 985 adults over three yearsK Ishida
Ibaraki Kidney Foundation, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
QJM 94:541-50. 2001..Renal function decreases with age; however, the rate of decline is constant. The influences of proteinuria and blood pressure on renal function are different in males and females...
- Macronodular deformity of the spleenK Konno
First Department of Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, 1-1-1 Hondo, Akita, Japan
Abdom Imaging 26:294-7. 2001..Marked splenic deformity, especially in cases with an elongated liver, may mimic a liver tumor. A good understanding of its sonographic appearance may help sonographers prevent a hazardous misdiagnosis...
- Fas ligand-mediated exocrinopathy resembling Sjögren's syndrome in mice transgenic for IL-10I Saito
Department of Pathology, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, Kuramotocho, Tokushima, Japan
J Immunol 162:2488-94. 1999..These data suggest that overexpression of IL-10 in the glands and their subsequent Fas/FasL-mediated bystander tissue destruction is a causal factor in the development of this disease...