Affiliation: National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology
- Role of geriatric hospitals for dementia care in the communityHideyuki Hattori
Department of Psychiatry, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Japan
Psychogeriatrics 12:124-6. 2012....
- Assessment of the risk of postoperative delirium in elderly patients using E-PASS and the NEECHAM Confusion ScaleHideyuki Hattori
Department of Psychiatry, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, 36 3 Gengo, Morioka machi, Obu City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24:1304-10. 2009....
- Clinical psychological tests useful for differentiating depressive state with Alzheimer's disease from major depression of the elderlyHideyuki Hattori
Department of Psychiatry, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Aichi, Japan
Psychogeriatrics 10:29-33. 2010..The purpose of this study was to identify differences between the two disorders using a battery of clinically available psychological tests...
- Controlled study on the cognitive and psychological effect of coloring and drawing in mild Alzheimer's disease patientsHideyuki Hattori
Department of Psychiatry, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology NCGG, Obu, Aichi, Japan
Geriatr Gerontol Int 11:431-7. 2011..We performed a controlled trial to evaluate the usefulness of art therapy compared with calculation training in patients with mild Alzheimer's disease...
- Haloperidol prophylaxis does not prevent postoperative delirium in elderly patients: a randomized, open-label prospective trialShinji Fukata
Department of Surgery, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Japan
Surg Today 44:2305-13. 2014..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the preventive administration of low-dose haloperidol on the development of postoperative delirium after abdominal or orthopedic surgery in elderly patients...
- [Behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia--diagnosis and treatment]Hideyuki Hattori
Department of Psychiatry, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology NCGG
Nihon Rinsho 71:981-7. 2013..Regarding methods for formulation according to the symptom, hyper- and hypoactivity symptoms should be addressed separately...
- The DYRK1A gene, encoded in chromosome 21 Down syndrome critical region, bridges between beta-amyloid production and tau phosphorylation in Alzheimer diseaseRyo Kimura
Department of Psychiatry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 D3 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 16:15-23. 2007..Our result indicates that DYRK1A could be a key molecule bridging between beta-amyloid production and tau phosphorylation in AD...
- [Development of the Telephone Interview for Cognitive Status (TICS) in Japanese]Yoko Konagaya
Department of Research, Obu Dementia Care Research and Training Center, Obu shi, Aichi, Japan
Brain Nerve 59:67-71. 2007..001). On the receiver operating curves, the area under the curve for the TICS-J was 98.7% (95% CI: 97.5%-100%). These results indicate that TICS-J is sensitive and specific instrument for differentiating AD patients from healthy controls...
- Validation of the Telephone Interview for Cognitive Status (TICS) in JapaneseYoko Konagaya
Obu Dementia Care Research and Training Center, Obu, Japan
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:695-700. 2007..In recent years, the population of elderly people in Japan with dementia has increased. Detection of cognitive impairment in the early stages is important for adequate treatment, care, and prevention...