Affiliation: National Cardiovascular Center
- The function of ADAMTS13 in thrombogenesis in vivo: insights from mutant miceFumiaki Banno
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka, 565 8565, Japan
Int J Hematol 91:30-5. 2010..The studies mentioned here in different mouse models uncover the in vivo function of ADAMTS13 and strengthened the understanding of the mechanism of systemic disease TTP...
- The distal carboxyl-terminal domains of ADAMTS13 are required for regulation of in vivo thrombus formationFumiaki Banno
Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Japan
Blood 113:5323-9. 2009..These results suggested that the C-terminally truncated ADAMTS13 exhibited decreased activity in the cleavage of VWF under high shear rate. Role of the C-terminal domains may become increasingly important under prothrombotic conditions...
- Complete deficiency in ADAMTS13 is prothrombotic, but it alone is not sufficient to cause thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraFumiaki Banno
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Blood 107:3161-6. 2006..Alternatively, factors in addition to ADAMTS13 deficiency may be necessary for development of TTP...
- [ADAMTS-13 is a metalloprotease that regulates platelet aggregation in hemostasis]Fumiaki Banno
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fuji shirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Seikagaku 78:528-32. 2006
- ADAMTS13 assays and ADAMTS13-deficient miceToshiyuki Miyata
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Curr Opin Hematol 14:277-83. 2007..Phenotypic analysis of mice lacking the Adamts13 gene is valuable for understanding the pathogenesis of microangiopathies...
- Measurement of ADAMTS13 activity and inhibitorsToshiyuki Miyata
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
Curr Opin Hematol 12:384-9. 2005..This review introduces both established and emerging assays for ADAMTS13 activity, focusing on their impact on clinical practice...
- Impact of RGS2 deficiency on the therapeutic effect of telmisartan in angiotensin II-induced aortic aneurysmSachiko Matsumoto
Research Institute, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 33:1244-9. 2010..Our results suggest that angiotensin receptor blocker may be useful for protection from cardiovascular events in hypertensive subjects with risk alleles in the RGS2 gene...
- Identification of strain-specific variants of mouse Adamts13 gene encoding von Willebrand factor-cleaving proteaseFumiaki Banno
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:30896-903. 2004..The natural variation in mouse ADAMTS13 should allow for the determination of hitherto unknown functions of its C-terminal domains in vivo...