National Defense Academy
Organization: National Defense Academy
- Acoustical experiment of yogurt fermentation processH Ogasawara
National Defense Academy, Department of Ocean and Sciences, 1 10 20 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239 8686, Japan
Ultrasonics 44:e727-30. 2006..Our proposed method will contribute to the hygienization for the food manufacture industry...
- Deuterated water effect in a room temperature ionic liquid: N,N-diethyl-N-methyl-N-2-methoxyethyl ammonium tetrafluoroborateHiroshi Abe
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National Defense Academy, Yokosuka 239 8686, Japan
J Phys Chem B 114:2834-9. 2010..At around 80-90 mol % H(2)O, the intermolecular correlation of [DEME][BF(4)] as a local structure changes to that of bulk water...
- Effects of glutathione depletion on hypoxia-induced erythropoietin production in ratsDaisuke Ando
Department of Physical Education, National Defense Academy, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239 8686, Japan
J Physiol Anthropol 28:211-5. 2009..It is also conceivable that the cellular redox changes could not function as a primary regulator of hypoxia-induced renal erythropoietin formation in vivo...
- Effects of exercise training on circulating high molecular weight adiponectin and adiponectin oligomer composition: a randomized controlled trialDaisuke Ando
Department of Physical Education, National Defense Academy, Kanagawa, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 16:733-9. 2009..To determine the effects of exercise training on total and high molecular weight (HMW) adiponectin and adiponectin oligomeric distribution...
- 14-3-3 Proteins directly regulate Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase alpha through phosphorylation-dependent multisite bindingTohru Ichimura
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 582:661-5. 2008..The mode of regulation described herein differs the recently described mode of 14-3-3 regulation of CaMKKalpha...
- Dynamics of the basketball shot with application to the free throwH Okubo
Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, National Defense Academy, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
J Sports Sci 24:1303-14. 2006..Free throw shots with larger backspin, lower inflation pressures, and underhand release conditions are shown to result in larger capture percentages...
- Raman spectroscopic study on the hydration structures of tetraethylammonium cation in waterTakahiro Takekiyo
Department of Applied Chemistry, National Defense Academy, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239 8686, Japan
J Phys Chem A 110:10829-33. 2006..The increase of the ion-ion interactions with decreasing R induces large fractions of the tg x tg conformer...
- Scanning electrochemical microscope observation of defects in a hexadecanethiol monolayer on gold with shear force-based tip-substrate positioningHiroshi Yamada
Department of Applied Chemistry, National Defense Academy, 1 10 20 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239 8686, Japan
Langmuir 22:7923-7. 2006..The size of the defects was estimated from the tip current to be 1-100 nm, under the assumption that the defects were small compared to the SECM probe...
- Nondestructive testing in human teeth using a leaky Lamb wave deviceShinji Toda
Department of Health Science, Kanagawa Dental College, 82 Inaoka, Yokosuka 238 8580, Japan
Ultrasonics 44:e1151-5. 2006..In the configuration of an acoustic delay line, the layer-thickness measurement in vivo, evaluated from the time interval between two reflected ultrasound echoes, is successfully realized under a thin water layer as the acoustic coupler...
- Numerical study of oxygen transport in a carotid bifurcationShigeru Tada
Department of Applied Physics, National Defense Academy, 1 10 20 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka City, Kanagawa 239 8686, Japan
Phys Med Biol 55:3993-4010. 2010..The results demonstrate that hypoxic zones appear inside the artery walls at locations where atherosclerotic lesions are prone to develop...