- Mean tracheal sound energy during sleep is related to daytime blood pressureHiroshi Nakano
Sleep Disorders Center, Fukuoka National Hospital, Fukuoka City, Japan
Sleep 36:1361-7. 2013..The authors hypothesized that snoring sound intensity, as assessed by mean tracheal sound energy (Leq) during sleep, is related to daytime blood pressure...
- Relationship between snoring sound intensity and sleepiness in patients with obstructive sleep apneaHiroshi Nakano
Department of Pulmonology, Fukuoka National Hospital, Minami Ku, Fukuoka, Japan
J Clin Sleep Med 4:551-6. 2008..However, no evidence supporting the usefulness of snoring measurements exists. We examined whether the objectively measured snoring intensity was correlated with sleepiness...
- Validation of a single-channel airflow monitor for screening of sleep-disordered breathingH Nakano
Dept of Pulmonology, Fukuoka National Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur Respir J 32:1060-7. 2008..The single-channel monitor is considered feasible for ambulatory sleep disordered breathing monitoring because of its easy applicability, high reproducibility and relatively high agreement with polysomnography results...
- Automatic detection of sleep-disordered breathing from a single-channel airflow recordH Nakano
Dept of Pulmonology, Fukuoka National Hospital, Minami Ku, Fukuoka, 811 1394, Japan
Eur Respir J 29:728-36. 2007..The present results suggest that a single-channel airflow monitor can be used to detect sleep-disordered breathing automatically if the analytic algorithm is optimised...
- Validation of a new system of tracheal sound analysis for the diagnosis of sleep apnea-hypopnea syndromeHroshi Nakano
Department of Pulmonology, National Minami Fukuoka Chest Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Sleep 27:951-7. 2004..To evaluate the validity of a novel method of using tracheal sound analysis for the diagnosis of sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome...
- Effects of body position on snoring in apneic and nonapneic snorersHiroshi Nakano
Dept of Pulmonology, National Minami Fukuoka Chest Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Sleep 26:169-72. 2003..The aim of this study is to elucidate the effect of body position on snoring, and that of sleep stage as well...
- Effect of body mass index on overnight oximetry for the diagnosis of sleep apneaHiroshi Nakano
Department of Pulmonology, National Minami Fukuoka Chest Hospital, 4 39 1 Yakatabaru, Minami Ku, Fukuoka, 8111394 Japan
Respir Med 98:421-7. 2004..We demonstrated the diagnostic sensitivity and specificity of the ODI for SAHS depended on the BMI. Oximetry as a screening tool for SAHS may become more useful by selection of a cutoff value appropriate for the BMI of each subject...
- Oxidative stress in obstructive sleep apneaMotoo Yamauchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Tenri City Hospital, 300 11 Tomido cho, Tenri City, Nara 632 0072, Japan
Chest 127:1674-9. 2005....
- Obstructive sleep apnea and carotid-artery intima-media thicknessTakahiro Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine, Tenri City Hospital, Nara, Japan
Sleep 27:129-33. 2004..We investigated whether the carotid-artery intimamedia thickness (IMT) measured by ultrasonography, which is regarded as an indicator of atherosclerosis, was associated with the severity of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Blunt thyroid trauma with acute hemorrhage and respiratory distressYoshio Oka
Department of Surgery, Higashiosaka City General Hospital, Higashiosaka, Japan
J Emerg Med 32:381-5. 2007..She successfully underwent left lobectomy of the thyroid gland without sternotomy. The pathological examination revealed follicular adenoma of the thyroid gland with massive intratumor bleeding...
- A polymorphism of microRNA 27a genome region is associated with the development of gastric mucosal atrophy in Japanese male subjectsTomiyasu Arisawa
Department of Gastroenterology, Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, 1 98, Dengakugakubo, Toyoake, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 52:1691-7. 2007..The miR-27a genome region polymorphism may be an important definitive factor to develop the gastric mucosal atrophy in Japanese male subjects...
- Association of endoscopic appearances with dyspeptic symptomsTomomitsu Tahara
Department of Gastroenterology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Toyoake, 470 1192, Japan
J Gastroenterol 43:208-15. 2008..We aimed to clarify the association of endoscopic appearances with Helicobacter pylori infection, histological severity of gastritis, and dyspeptic symptoms in a Japanese population...
- Treatment of ulcerative colitis by feeding with germinated barley foodstuff: first report of a multicenter open control trialOsamu Kanauchi
Nutrient Food and Feed Division, Kirin Brewery, 10 1 2 Shinkawa, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 8288, Japan
J Gastroenterol 37:67-72. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy of GBF in the treatment of UC in a multicenter open control trial...
- Relation of apolipoprotein (a) phenotypes to diabetic retinopathy in elderly type 2 diabetesTatsuya Suzuki
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 69:31-8. 2002..These results provide significant evidence that LMW Lp (a) contributes to an increased risk of diabetic retinopathy in elderly type 2 diabetes...