Genomes and Genes
- LKB1 and AMP-activated protein kinase: regulators of cell polarityAtsushi Nakano
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Genes Cells 17:737-47. 2012..Here, we review the mechanisms and factors responsible for organizing cell polarity and the role of LKB1 and AMPK in cell polarity...
- Identification of p32 as a novel substrate for ATM in heartHisakazu Kato
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 366:885-91. 2008..Since p32 is known to regulate mRNA splicing and transcription, p32 phosphorylation by ATM might be a new transcriptional regulatory pathway for specific DNA damage responses in heart...
- Isoform-specific intermolecular disulfide bond formation of heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1)Shuichiro Higo
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:31337-47. 2010..Under oxidative conditions, HP1γ dimerized and held TIF1β in a chromatin component and inhibited its repression ability. Our results highlight a novel, isoform-specific role for HP1 as a sensor of the cellular redox state...
- Identification of a novel substrate for TNFalpha-induced kinase NUAK2Hiroyuki Yamamoto
Department of Medical Information Science, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:541-7. 2008..These data suggests different phosphorylation and regulation of MYPT1 activity by NUAK2...
- Identification of genes related to heart failure using global gene expression profiling of human failing myocardiumKyung Duk Min
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 393:55-60. 2010..Hence, microarray analysis combined with clinical parameters can be an effective method to identify novel therapeutic targets for the prevention or management of heart failure...