Affiliation: Nagoya City University
- Automated determination of 5-fluorouracil and its metabolite in urine by high-performance liquid chromatography with column switchingT Maeda
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Nagoya City University Hospital, Japan
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 731:267-73. 1999..Based on these results, we believe that our method provides a useful tool for evaluating FU metabolism...
- A Japanese case with inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiency attributable to an enzymatic defect in white blood cellsS Sumi
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya City University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuyo ku, Nagoya, Japan
J Inherit Metab Dis 27:277-8. 2004..We describe the first Japanese case with ITPase deficiency and demonstrate that the deficiency of ITPase activity is not only found in erythrocytes but also in white blood cells...
- Determination of very volatile organic compounds in environmental water by injection of a large amount of headspace gas into a gas chromatographT Hino
Public Health Laboratory of Chiba Prefecture, Japan
J Chromatogr A 810:141-7. 1998..After trapping, the VVOCs were thermally desorbed and put into a GC-MS system for subsequent analysis. This method is applicable to various types of samples...
- Exploratory aspirin resistance trial in healthy Japanese volunteers (J-ART) using platelet aggregation as a measure of thrombogenicityT Fujiwara
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Pharmacogenomics J 7:395-403. 2007....
- Specificity of accumulation and transmission of tomato spotted wilt virus (TSWV) in two genera, Frankliniella and Thrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae)T Inoue
Research Institute for Bioresources Okayama University Kurashiki 710 0046 Japan
Bull Entomol Res 94:501-7. 2004....
- Physiological changes in the concentrations of biotin in the serum and milk and in the physical properties of the claw horn in Holstein cowsH Higuchi
Department of Animal Health, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069 8501, Japan
Vet Res Commun 27:407-13. 2003....
- Concurrent spirochaetal infections of the feet and colon of cattle in JapanT Shibahara
Hokkaido Research Station, National Institute of Animal Health, Toyohira, Sapporo, Japan
Aust Vet J 80:497-502. 2002..To describe spirochaetal infections in the feet and colon of cattle affected with papillomatous digital dermatitis (PDD) and colitis respectively...
- Identification of missense mutation (G365R) of the butyrylcholinesterase (BCHE) gene in a Japanese patient with familial cholinesterasemiaN Sakamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Harima Hospital of Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries, Health Insurance Society, 3-5-15 Asahi, Aioi, Hyogo, 678-0031, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 47:153-60. 2001..DNA sequence analysis of the propositus demonstrated a point mutation at codon 365 (GGA-CGA), resulting in a Gly-Arg substitution. A family study showed her son and daughter to have the same mutation...
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Campylobacter strains isolated from broilers in the southern part of Japan from 1995 to 1999T Chuma
Department of Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 63:1027-9. 2001..A high frequency of quinolone-resistance was found in both C. jejuni and C. coli, whereas a high level of EM-resistance was found in only C. coli strains. All C. jejuni isolates were sensitive to EM...
- Direct detection of red blood cell fragments: a new flow cytometric method to evaluate hemolysis in blood pumpsJ Linneweber
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
ASAIO J 47:533-6. 2001..Flow cytometry can be used for the rapid, sensitive, hemoglobin independent evaluation of pump induced RBC trauma...
- Evaluation of the cytotoxic effects of bis-quaternary ammonium antimicrobial reagents on human cellsH Nagamune
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Tokushima, 2-chome, Minami-josanjima cho, Tokushima, Japan
Toxicol In Vitro 14:139-47. 2000..Taken together, bis-QACs are expected to be a promising new generation of antimicrobial QACs...
- Biocompatibility and permeability of dialyzer membranes do not affect anemia, erythropoietin dosage or mortality in japanese patients on chronic non-reuse hemodialysis: a prospective cohort study from the J-DOPPS II studyHitoshi Yokoyama
Kanazawa Medical University, School of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
Nephron Clin Pract 109:c100-8. 2008..Considerable controversy exists over the impact of the biocompatibility and flux characteristics of dialyzer membranes on anemia in chronic hemodialysis patients...