Affiliation: Nagoya University
- Tamauchi S, Kajiyama H, Yoshihara M, Ikeda Y, Yoshikawa N, Nishino K, et al. Reproductive outcomes of 105 malignant ovarian germ cell tumor survivors: a multicenter study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018;219:385.e1-385.e7 pubmed publisher..The reproductive outcomes of malignant ovarian germ cell tumor survivor are promising with fertility-sparing treatment. Malignant ovarian germ cell tumor survivors can become pregnant and give birth if they desire. ..
- Kajiyama H, Mizuno M, Shibata K, Umezu T, Suzuki S, Yamamoto E, et al. Oncologic outcome after recurrence in patients with stage I epithelial ovarian cancer: are clear-cell and mucinous histological types a different entities?. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014;181:305-10 pubmed publisher..0343: clear-cell/mucinous (vs. non- clear-cell/mucinous): HR: 2.486(95% CI: 1.416-4.364), P=0.0015). Even if at stage I, once patients with a mucinous/clear-cell histology experience recurrence, subsequent survival is extremely poor. ..
- Kajiyama H, Hosono S, Terauchi M, Shibata K, Ino K, Yamamoto E, et al. Twist expression predicts poor clinical outcome of patients with clear cell carcinoma of the ovary. Oncology. 2006;71:394-401 pubmed..0077 and 0.0033, respectively). The current findings suggest that the assessment of Twist immunoreactivity may be a useful prognostic indicator and that Twist may play a critical role in the progression of CCC. ..
- Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Suzuki S, Ino K, Nawa A, Kawai M, et al. Fertility-sparing surgery in young women with invasive epithelial ovarian cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2010;36:404-8 pubmed publisher..030, and DFS; P=0.005, respectively}. Thirteen pregnancies were observed in 9 patients. FSS may be considered a treatment option in women with stage I EOC, even in those with stage IC(capsule rupture) or more wishing to bear children. ..
- Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Suzuki S, Ino K, Yamamoto E, Mizuno K, et al. Is there any possibility of fertility-sparing surgery in patients with clear-cell carcinoma of the ovary?. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;111:523-6 pubmed publisher..Although there is no worldwide criterion for FSS in CCC patients at present, it seems that, in selected patients, this surgical approach could be adopted. This should be investigated by additional studies in a larger series. ..
- Koya Y, Kajiyama H, Liu W, Shibata K, Senga T, Kikkawa F. Murine Experimental Model of Original Tumor Development and Peritoneal Metastasis via Orthotopic Inoculation with Ovarian Carcinoma Cells. J Vis Exp. 2016;: pubmed publisher..This proposed method is a less invasive procedure for the mouse and minimizes damage to the ovary. Here, we describe the methodological steps in the development of the original and metastatic tumor formation of EOC. ..
- Sugiyama K, Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Yuan H, Kikkawa F, Senga T. Expression of the miR200 family of microRNAs in mesothelial cells suppresses the dissemination of ovarian cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014;13:2081-91 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that alteration of the tumor microenvironment by the miR200 family could be a novel therapeutic strategy for ovarian cancer treatment. ..
- Terauchi M, Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Ino K, Nawa A, Mizutani S, et al. Inhibition of APN/CD13 leads to suppressed progressive potential in ovarian carcinoma cells. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:140 pubmed..The current data indicate the possible involvement of APN/CD13 in the development of OVCA, and suggest that clinical use of bestatin may contribute to better prognosis for ovarian carcinoma patients. ..
- Nakamura K, Peng Y, Utsumi F, Tanaka H, Mizuno M, Toyokuni S, et al. Novel Intraperitoneal Treatment With Non-Thermal Plasma-Activated Medium Inhibits Metastatic Potential of Ovarian Cancer Cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:6085 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that PAM intraperitoneal therapy may be a promising treatment option for ovarian cancer. ..
- Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Ino K, Mizutani S, Nawa A, Kikkawa F. The expression of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV/CD26) is associated with enhanced chemosensitivity to paclitaxel in epithelial ovarian carcinoma cells. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:347-54 pubmed publisher..In contrast, on Day 61, the former was smaller than the latter. The present findings show that DPPIV may be involved in the increased sensitivity to paclitaxel of EOC cells regardless of the involvement of DPPIV activity. ..
- Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Terauchi M, Ino K, Nawa A, Kikkawa F. Involvement of SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis in the enhanced peritoneal metastasis of epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:91-9 pubmed..The present results suggest that there may be a link between the SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis and enhanced intraperitoneal dissemination of EOC and that CXCR4 may be a novel target for the treatment of EOC...
- Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Ino K, Nawa A, Mizutani S, Kikkawa F. Possible involvement of SDF-1alpha/CXCR4-DPPIV axis in TGF-beta1-induced enhancement of migratory potential in human peritoneal mesothelial cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;330:221-9 pubmed..These results suggest that DPPIV and SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 play crucial roles in regulating the migratory potential of HPMCs, which may be involved in the re-epithelialization of denuded basement membrane at the site of peritoneal injury. ..