- Papillary carcinoma of the thyroid gland forming a myofibroblastic nodular tumor: report of two cases and review of the literatureHiroshi Naganuma
Department of Pathology, Sendai City Hospital, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Pathol Int 52:54-8. 2002..The present names of this disease may not represent the proper features of this tumor because all the reported cases formed fibroma-like nodules. We propose the name 'papillary carcinoma forming myofibroblastic nodular tumors'...
- Infiltration of CD8+ T cells containing RANTES/CCL5+ cytoplasmic granules in actively inflammatory lesions of human chronic gastritisNoriko Ohtani
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Lab Invest 84:368-75. 2004..Our data also suggest a self-recruiting mechanism involving CCR5 and CCL5 for tissue accumulation of such T cells...
- Immunoglobulin A enteropathy: a possible variant of Henoch-Schönlein purpuraSeiichi Kato
Department of Pediatrics, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 49:1777-81. 2004..Further studies are needed to clarify whether this patient population has a variant of Henoch-Schönlein purpura or a distinct "IgA enteropathy."..
- Gastrointestinal immunophenotype in adenocarcinomas of the uterine cervix and related glandular lesions: a possible link between lobular endocervical glandular hyperplasia/pyloric gland metaplasia and 'adenoma malignum'Yoshiki Mikami
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medical Science, Sendai, Japan
Mod Pathol 17:962-72. 2004..p16INK4 immunohistochemistry appears to be a promising diagnostic tool, but pathologists should be aware of frequent negative staining in MDAs, which can be a source of erroneous diagnosis...
- CXC chemokine receptor 1 (CXCR1) is expressed mainly by neutrophils in inflamed gut and stomach tissuesNoriko Ohtani
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 196:179-84. 2002..Neutrophils protect the host from microbial pathogens. However, they also cause damages to host tissues in chronic inflammation. Therefore, our study underscores the importance of CXCR1 expression in inflammatory processes...
- Estrogen receptors (alpha and beta) and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and 2 in thyroid disorders: possible in situ estrogen synthesis and actionsWakako Kawabata
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Mod Pathol 16:437-44. 2003....
- MR imaging findings of parotid tumors with pathologic diagnostic clues: a pictorial essayToshibumi Kinoshita
Department of Radiology, Sendai City Hospital, 3 1 Shimizukouji, Wakabayashi ku, Sendai 984 0075, Japan
Clin Imaging 28:93-101. 2004..Fat suppression technique improves the ability to define the boundaries of neoplatic or inflammatory lesions...
- Thyroid gland: international case conferenceKennichi Kakudo
Deparmtent of Pathology, Wakayama Medical University, Kimiidera, Wakayama, Japan
Endocr Pathol 13:131-4. 2002..In this article, we present two of the cases, attempt to explain the reason for disagreement in their diagnoses, and propose what should be done to obtain better consensus in diagnosis...