Affiliation: Morinaga Milk Industry Co
- Identification of five phytosterols from Aloe vera gel as anti-diabetic compoundsMiyuki Tanaka
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, Kanagawa, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:1418-22. 2006..These findings suggest that Aloe vera gel and phytosterols derived from Aloe vera gel have a long-term blood glucose level control effect and would be useful for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Safety evaluation of supercritical carbon dioxide extract of Aloe vera gelMiyuki Tanaka
Functional Food Research Department, Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, Zama City, Kanagawa, Japan
J Food Sci 77:T2-9. 2012..AVGE was nonmutagenic in the Ames test and a chromosomal aberration test at concentrations of up to 5000 μg/plate and 1600 μg/plate, respectively, and in an in vivo bone marrow micronucleus test at up to 150 mg/kg/d...
- Administration of dried Aloe vera gel powder reduced body fat mass in diet-induced obesity (DIO) ratsEriko Misawa
Functional Food Research Department, Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co Ltd, Zama, Kanagawa, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 58:195-201. 2012..These results suggest that intake of Aloe vera gel reduced body fat accumulation, in part, by stimulation of energy expenditure. Aloe vera gel might be beneficial for the prevention and improvement of diet-induced obesity...
- Aloe vera gel extract attenuates ethanol-induced hepatic lipid accumulation by suppressing the expression of lipogenic genes in miceMarie Saito
Functional Food Research Department, Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, 1 83, 5 Chome, Higashihara, Zama, Kanagawa 252 8583, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 76:2049-54. 2012..This inhibitory effect on the ethanol-induced accumulation of TG was attributed to a reduction in the expression of lipogenic genes that were increased by ethanol...
- Oral ingestion of aloe vera phytosterols alters hepatic gene expression profiles and ameliorates obesity-associated metabolic disorders in zucker diabetic fatty ratsEriko Misawa
Functional Food Research Department, Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co Ltd, Higashihara 5 1 83, Zama, Kanagawa 228 8583, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 60:2799-806. 2012..These findings suggest that aloe sterols could be beneficial in preventing and improving metabolic disorders with obesity and diabetes in rats...
- Polyphenols extracted from black tea (Camellia sinensis) residue by hot-compressed water and their inhibitory effect on pancreatic lipase in vitroNaoki Yuda
Food Science and Technology Inst, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, 1 83, 5 Chome, Higashihara, Zama City, Kanagawa Pref 252 8583 Japan
J Food Sci 77:H254-61. 2012..HCW can be used to extract pancreatic lipase-inhibiting polyphenols from black tea waste. These extracts have potential uses, as dietary supplements and medications, for the prevention and treatment of obesity...