Affiliation: Morinaga Milk Industry Co
- Administration of phytosterols isolated from Aloe vera gel reduce visceral fat mass and improve hyperglycemia in Zucker diabetic fatty (ZDF) ratsEriko Misawa
Laboratory of Molecular Function of Food, Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Japan Electronic
Obes Res Clin Pract 2:I-II. 2008..7%) and Cy (26.3%) treatment. These observations suggest that Aloe vera-derived phytosterols could reduce visceral fat accumulation, and would be useful for the improvement of hyperlipidemia and hyperglycemia.: ..
- Administration of dried Aloe vera gel powder reduced body fat mass in diet-induced obesity (DIO) ratsEriko Misawa
Functional Food Research Department, Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co Ltd, Zama, Kanagawa, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 58:195-201. 2012..These results suggest that intake of Aloe vera gel reduced body fat accumulation, in part, by stimulation of energy expenditure. Aloe vera gel might be beneficial for the prevention and improvement of diet-induced obesity...
- Oral ingestion of aloe vera phytosterols alters hepatic gene expression profiles and ameliorates obesity-associated metabolic disorders in zucker diabetic fatty ratsEriko Misawa
Functional Food Research Department, Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co Ltd, Higashihara 5 1 83, Zama, Kanagawa 228 8583, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 60:2799-806. 2012..These findings suggest that aloe sterols could be beneficial in preventing and improving metabolic disorders with obesity and diabetes in rats...
- Effects of macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-2 administration on NK1.1(+) cells in miceE Misawa
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co Ltd, Higashihara 5 1 83, 228 8583, Zama, Kanagawa, Japan
Int J Immunopharmacol 22:967-77. 2000..1(+) cells, which have good responsiveness to IL-2. Furthermore, the combination treatment of M-CSF and IL-2 in vivo augments the increase of NK1.1(+) cells. And these effects can contribute to the antimetastatic activity in vivo...
- Booster effect of interleukin-2 on natural killer 1.1+ cells stimulated by administration of macrophage colony-stimulating factor in miceEriko Misawa
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co Ltd, Zama, Kanagawa, Japan
J Immunother 26:21-30. 2003..Furthermore, the survival of B16-bearing mice was prolonged by M-CSF + IL-2. These results suggested that administration of IL-2 boosts the functions of NK1.1+ cells, which are augmented preliminarily by the administration of M-CSF...
- Administration of macrophage colony-stimulating factor mobilized both CD11b+CD11c+ cells and NK1.1+ cells into peripheral bloodEriko Misawa
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co Ltd, Higashihara 5 1 83, Zama, Kanagawa 228 8583, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 4:791-803. 2004..1+cells into PB. And the injection of M-CSF facilitates the generation of dendritic and natural killer cells from PB cells in vitro. These results suggest that the mobilized cells may provide for application of immunotherapy...
- Effect of coadministration of M-CSF and IFN-alpha on NK1.1+ cells in miceTakuma Sakurai
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, 5 Chome Higashihara Zama city, Kanagawa Pref, Japan
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:701-8. 2002..The combination of M-CSF and IFN-alpha induced the increase and activation of NK1.1(+) cells more than either agent alone. These effects may contribute to the antimetastatic reaction by NK1.1(+) cells in vivo...
- Comparative study and effects of macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF) administration on NK1.1+ cells in mouse spleen and bone marrowTakuma Sakurai
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd No 1 83, 5 Chome Higashihara Zama city, Kanagawa pref Japan 228 8583
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 24:547-66. 2002..These results suggested that there are phenotypical and functional differences between Spl-NK1.1 and BM-NK1.1. The administration of M-CSF led to an accumulation of NK1.1+ cells which were mobilized from bone marrow in spleen...
- Identification of five phytosterols from Aloe vera gel as anti-diabetic compoundsMiyuki Tanaka
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, Kanagawa, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:1418-22. 2006..These findings suggest that Aloe vera gel and phytosterols derived from Aloe vera gel have a long-term blood glucose level control effect and would be useful for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus...