Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences
- [Derivation of gametes from embryonic stem cells in culture]Toshiaki Noce
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 49:616-24. 2004
- Vasa homolog genes in mammalian germ cell developmentT Noce
Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 26:131-6. 2001..In mammals, the expression of VASA protein becomes detectable in PGCs at the late migrating stage. Interestingly, during spermatogenesis the intracellular localization of VASA protein is closely associated with the chromatoid body...
- Expression and intracellular localization of mouse Vasa-homologue protein during germ cell developmentY Toyooka
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, 11 Minami Ooya, Machida, Tokyo, Japan
Mech Dev 93:139-49. 2000....
- Isolation of chicken vasa homolog gene and tracing the origin of primordial germ cellsN Tsunekawa
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Machida, Tokyo 194 8511, Japan
Development 127:2741-50. 2000..These results strongly suggest that the chicken germline is determined by maternally inherited factors in the germ plasm...
- The mouse homolog of Drosophila Vasa is required for the development of male germ cellsS S Tanaka
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo 194 8511, Japan
Genes Dev 14:841-53. 2000..These results indicate that the loss of Mvh function causes a deficiency in the proliferation and differentiation of mouse male germ cells...
- Mouse RanBPM is a partner gene to a germline specific RNA helicase, mouse vasa homolog proteinNorito Shibata
Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Minami Ooya, Machida shi, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 67:1-7. 2004..The interaction of MVH with RanBPM points to a functional relationship between translational regulation and the microtubule nucleation during meiosis. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 66: 1-7, 2004...
- Embryonic stem cells can form germ cells in vitroYayoi Toyooka
Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, 11 Minamiooya Machida shi, Tokyo 194 8511, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11457-62. 2003..In vitro germ cell differentiation provides a paradigm for studying the molecular basis of germ line establishment, as well as for developing new approaches to reproductive engineering...
- Mesonephric FGF signaling is associated with the development of sexually indifferent gonadal primordium in chick embryosHidefumi Yoshioka
Department of Natural Sciences, Hyogo University of Teacher Education, 942 1, Yashiro cho, Kato Gun, Hyogo 673 1494, Japan
Dev Biol 280:150-61. 2005..Our study demonstrated that FGF expressed in the developing mesonephros is involved in the development of the gonad at the sexually indifferent stages through stimulation of gonadal cell proliferation and gonadal marker gene expression...
- Genes associated with the formation of germ cells from embryonic stem cells in cultures containing different glucose concentrationsKentaro Mizuno
Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, Minami Ooya, Machida, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 73:437-45. 2006..These findings suggest a possible relationship between glucose metabolism and germ-cell development...
- Tdrd1/Mtr-1, a tudor-related gene, is essential for male germ-cell differentiation and nuage/germinal granule formation in miceShinichiro Chuma
Department of Development and Differentiation, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:15894-9. 2006....
- Identification of transcripts commonly expressed in both hematopoietic and germ-line stem cellsTakuo Mizukami
Department of Safety Research on Blood and Biological Products, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Stem Cells Dev 17:67-80. 2008..Thus, identifying stemness genes by comparative analysis to GSCs is a powerful tool with which to explore the fundamental commonalities of HSCs and other stem cell types...
- Differences and similarities in the developmental status of embryo-derived stem cells and primordial germ cells revealed by global expression profilingNathan Mise
Mammalian Cellular Dynamics, RIKEN BioResource Center, Tsukuba, Japan
Genes Cells 13:863-77. 2008..The relationships between PGCs and stem cells derived from embryos or germ cells are discussed in light of these findings...