- Royal jelly has estrogenic effects in vitro and in vivoSatoshi Mishima
Nagaragawa Research Center, API Co, Ltd, 692 3 Nagara, Gifu 502 0071, Japan
J Ethnopharmacol 101:215-20. 2005..c.) restored it in uterus but not in brain. These findings provide evidence that RJ has estrogenic activities through interaction with estrogen receptors followed by endogenous gene expressions...
- Vaticanol C, a resveratrol tetramer, activates PPARalpha and PPARbeta/delta in vitro and in vivoTomoko Tsukamoto
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Nara Women s University, Nara, 630 8506, Japan
Nutr Metab (Lond) 7:46. 2010..We previously demonstrated that resveratrol protects brain against ischemic stroke in mice through a PPARalpha-dependent mechanism. Here we report the different effects of the oligomers of resveratrol...
- Bee products prevent VEGF-induced angiogenesis in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsHiroshi Izuta
Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Molecular Pharmacology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 5 6 1 Mitahora Higashi, Gifu 502 8585, Japan
BMC Complement Altern Med 9:45. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the anti-angiogenic effects of bee products using human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Comparison of bee products based on assays of antioxidant capacitiesYoshimi Nakajima
Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Molecular Pharmacology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 5 6 1 Mitahora Higashi, Gifu, Japan
BMC Complement Altern Med 9:4. 2009..We compared antioxidant effects among water and ethanol extracts of Brazilian green propolis (WEP or EEP), its main constituents, water-soluble royal jelly (RJ), and an ethanol extract of bee pollen...
- Identification of caffeoylquinic acid derivatives from Brazilian propolis as constituents involved in induction of granulocytic differentiation of HL-60 cellsSatoshi Mishima
Nagaragawa Research Center, API Co, Ltd, 692-3 Nagara, Gifu 502-0071, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 13:5814-8. 2005..This is the first report demonstrating that the caffeoylquinic acid derivatives induce granulocytic differentiation of HL-60 cells...
- Royal jelly stimulates bone formation: physiologic and nutrigenomic studies with mice and cell linesYukio Narita
Nagaragawa Research Center, API Co, Ltd, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:2508-14. 2006..These data suggest that RJ as a whole or some of its individual components stimulates production of type I collagen and other activities for bone formation through action on osteoblasts...
- Estrogenic activities of Fatty acids and a sterol isolated from royal jellyKazu Michi Suzuki
Nagaragawa Research Center, API Co, Ltd, 692 3 Nagara, Gifu 502 0071 and Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 5 1 Oe honmachi, Kumamoto 862 0973, Japan
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 5:295-302. 2008..These findings provide evidence that these compounds contribute to the estrogenic effect of RJ...
- Effects of long-term administration of royal jelly on pituitary weight and gene expression in middle-aged female ratsYukio Narita
Nagaragawa Research Center, API Co, Ltd, Nagara, Gifu, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:431-3. 2009..RJ tended to down-regulate prolactin mRNA and up-regulated thyroid-stimulating hormone beta mRNA in the pituitary. This suggests that RJ compensates for age-associated decline in pituitary functions...
- Antihypertensive effects of Brazilian propolis: identification of caffeoylquinic acids as constituents involved in the hypotension in spontaneously hypertensive ratsSatoshi Mishima
Nagaragawa Research Center, API Co, Ltd; 692-3 Yamasaki, Nagara, Gifu 502-0071, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 28:1909-14. 2005..These results suggest that 25% ethanol extract of propolis is useful for prevention and treatment of hypertension...
- Royal jelly facilitates restoration of the cognitive ability in trimethyltin-intoxicated miceNoriko Hattori
Nagaragawa Research Center, API Co, Ltd, Nagara, Gifu 502 0071, Japan
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:165968. 2011....
- Effects of propolis on cell growth and gene expression in HL-60 cellsSatoshi Mishima
Nagaragawa Research Center, API Co. Ltd, 692-3 Nagara, Gifu 502-0071, Japan
J Ethnopharmacol 99:5-11. 2005..Propolis-induced growth inhibition in HL-60 cells was, at least in part, due to differentiation with gene expression profiles, which are similar to those induced by all-trans retinoic acid...