Affiliation: Mie Prefectural Shima Hospital
- Histopathological studies on viral nervous necrosis of sevenband grouper, Epinephelus septemfasciatus Thunberg, at the grow-out stageS Tanaka
Owase Fisheries Laboratory, Fisheries Research Division, Mie Prefectural Science and Technology Promotion Center, Mie, Japan
J Fish Dis 27:385-99. 2004..Based on observed histopathological changes, the lesion of the CNS was characterized by encephalitis but not encephalopathy...
- Susceptibility of cultured juveniles of several marine fish to the sevenband grouper nervous necrosis virusS Tanaka
Owase Fisheries Laboratory, Fisheries Research Division, Mie Prefectural Science and Technology Promotion Center, Owase, Mie, Japan
J Fish Dis 26:109-15. 2003..These results are, in part, consistent with the natural host range of RGNNV, indicating the complexity in the host specificity of betanodaviruses...
- Serological relationships among genotypic variants of betanodavirusK Morit
Kamiura Station, Japan Sea Farming Association, Oita 879 2602, Japan
Dis Aquat Organ 57:19-26. 2003..The present serological findings will be important in investigating the infectivity and host-specificity of betanodaviruses and in developing vaccines for the disease...
- Henneguya pagri n. sp. (Myxozoa: Myxosporea) causing cardiac henneguyosis in red sea bream, Pagrus major (Temminck & Schlegel)H Yokoyama
Department of Aquatic Bioscience, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Fish Dis 28:479-87. 2005..Partial small subunit ribosomal RNA gene sequences of H. pagri are closely related to those of H. lateolabracis infecting the bulbus arteriosus of Chinese sea bass, Lateolabrax sp...
- A 12-year follow-up study of treated obese children in JapanK Togashi
Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:770-7. 2002....
- Investigation of parenchymal cell differentiation in organotypic slice culture of mouse fetal liver under administration of sodium butyrateM Iwai
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Cell Biol Toxicol 18:147-56. 2002....
- Immunohistochemical localization of CEA, CA19-9 and DU-PAN-2 in hepatitis C virus-infected liver tissuesY Kitagawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Histopathology 40:472-9. 2002....
- Aldose reductase gene polymorphism is associated with progression of diabetic nephropathy in Japanese patients with type 1 diabetes mellitusT Yamamoto
Department of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Osaka City General Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Diabetes Obes Metab 5:51-7. 2003....
- Five cases of nodular gastritis and gastric cancer: a possible association between nodular gastritis and gastric cancerM Miyamoto
Dig Liver Dis 34:819-20. 2002
- Role of anti-parietal cell antibody in Helicobacter pylori-associated atrophic gastritis: evaluation in a country of high prevalence of atrophic gastritisM Ito
First Dept of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:287-93. 2002..We investigated the relation between the degree of atrophic gastritis and the amount of anti-parietal cell antibodies (APCAs) present...
- Donor selection in Japan: a trial of new criteria with predonation haemoglobin testingR Shimoyama
Hokkaido Red Cross Blood Centre, Yamanote, Sapporo, Japan
Vox Sang 82:72-5. 2002..Additionally, the criteria are not based on normal values. Therefore, we investigated the feasibility of predonation screening by using actual haemoglobin levels, and adopted a new criterion based on the normal range for men...
- Ethnic differences in abdominal visceral fat accumulation between Japanese, African-Americans, and Caucasians: a meta-analysisS Tanaka
National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, 162 8636, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Diabetol 40:S302-4. 2003..05). However, the difference in AVF between Japanese and Caucasian females was lower than that between African-American and Caucasian females...
- Removal efficiency of 66 pharmaceuticals during wastewater treatment process in JapanT Okuda
Research Center for Environmental Quality Management, Kyoto University Graduate School of Engineering, 1 2 Yumihama, Otsu City, Shiga 520 0811, Japan
Water Sci Technol 57:65-71. 2008..However, ozonation process followed by biological activated carbon process could efficiently reduce all the residual pharmaceuticals below their quantification limits...
- Characteristics and trends of clarithromycin-resistant Helicobacter pylori isolates in Japan over a decadeH Masuda
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Pathobiology 71:159-63. 2004..pylori strains have increased rapidly since 1995 and that the effectiveness of clarithromycin-based H. pylori eradication therapies may soon be compromised. Other new therapies may be necessary as first-line treatments in Japan...
- Helicobacter pylori-associated gastritis is related to babA2 expression without heterogeneity of the 3' region of the cagA genotype in gastric biopsy specimensX F Xie
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Pathobiology 74:309-16. 2007..Blood group antigen binding adhesin (BabA) helps the strains adhere to the epithelial cell layer and is the most important adhesin of H. pylori...
- Self-assembly in the carboxysome: a viral capsid-like protein shell in bacterial cellsT O Yeates
UCLA Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California Los Angeles, 607 Charles E Young Drive East, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1569, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 35:508-11. 2007....
- Insights into infant neuroblastomas based on an analysis of neuroblastomas detected by mass screening at 6 months of age in JapanS Suita
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Pediatr Surg 17:23-8. 2007....
- Interindividual variability in sleeping metabolic rate in Japanese subjectsA A Ganpule
Health Promotion and Exercise Program, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:1256-61. 2007..An accurate prediction of BMR or SMR is needed to accurately predict total EE or physical activity EE for each individual. However, large variability in BMR and SMR has been reported...
- Analysis of parameter variations in L-Q equations for river runoff processes from the viewpoint of spatial and temporal conditionsS Fujii
Research Center for Environmental Quality Management, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University 1 2, Yumihama, Otsu, 520 0811, Japan
Water Sci Technol 53:141-52. 2006....
- Existence of a bovine LINE repetitive insert that appears in the cDNA of bovine protein BCNT in ruminant, but not in human, genomesI Takahashi
National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Gene 211:387-94. 1998....
- Comparison of oral and pharyngeal cancer mortality in five countries: France, Italy, Japan, UK and USA from the WHO Mortality Database (1960-2000)S Tanaka
Statistics and Cancer Control Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, 1 1 Tsujiki 5 chome, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:488-91. 2005
- Insertion of a C in the exon 28 of integrin alphaIIb gene leading to a frameshift mutation is responsible for Glanzmann thrombasthenia in a Japanese caseT Hayashi
Department of Research, Osaka Red Cross Blood Center, Osaka, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 3:489-96. 2005..Glanzmann thrombasthenia (GT) is a hereditary bleeding disorder caused by a qualitative or quantitative defect in the integrin alphaIIbbeta3...
- Magnifying gastroendoscopy for diagnosis of histologic gastritis in the gastric antrumS Kim
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 36:286-91. 2004..In addition, we investigated whether magnifying endoscopy can be applied for evaluation of Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy...
- Porcine enamel matrix derivative enhances trabecular bone regeneration during wound healing of injured rat femurF Kawana
Department of Oral Histology, School of Dentistry, Showa University, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Anat Rec 264:438-46. 2001..Our results suggest that EMD possesses an osteo-promotive effect on bone and medullary regeneration during wound healing of injured long bones...
- Insertion polymorphism of CYP2E1 and urinary N-methylformamide after N,N- dimethylformamide exposure in Japanese workersT Nomiyama
Industrial Toxicology and Occupational Medicine Unit, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 74:519-22. 2001..This study examined whether consideration of the *1C/*1D CYP2E1 insertion polymorphism is important for interpreting the biological monitoring of exposure to N,N-dimethylformamide (DMF) in Japanese workers...
- An experimental study on radiation streaming through a labyrinth in a proton accelerator facility of intermediate energyS Tanaka
Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute, Takasaki Establishment
Health Phys 81:406-18. 2001..The data suggest that it is mandatory to estimate the gamma ray dose equivalent rate in a labyrinth, which is dominated by the secondary gamma rays due to the neutron capture reaction...
- [Epidemiological and clinical study of West syndrome in Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan]A Matsuo
Department of Pediatrics, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki
No To Hattatsu 33:15-20. 2001..The mean DQ in all the patients was 25, and only 4 patients (11%) had a normal DQ (> 75). DQ was lower in patients with congenital brain malformations than in those with destructive brain disorders...
- Human dolichol-phosphate-mannose synthase consists of three subunits, DPM1, DPM2 and DPM3Y Maeda
Department of Immunoregulation, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
EMBO J 19:2475-82. 2000..Schizosaccharomyces pombe has proteins that resemble three human subunits; S.pombe DPM3 restored biosynthesis of DPM in Lec15 cells, indicating its orthologous relationship to human DPM3...
- Plasma alpha1,3-fucosyltransferase deficiency in schizophreniaS Yazawa
Japan Immunoresearch Laboratories, Takasaki, Japan
Exp Clin Immunogenet 16:125-30. 1999..Genotyping of the Le gene (FUT3) in these patients demonstrated that 2 of them were also FUT3 deficient and were grouped as Lewis- individuals whereas the rest were Lewis+...
- A mutation in the insulin 2 gene induces diabetes with severe pancreatic beta-cell dysfunction in the Mody mouseJ Wang
Department of Molecular Medicine, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
J Clin Invest 103:27-37. 1999..These findings indicate that mutant proinsulin was trapped and accumulated in the endoplasmic reticulum, which could induce beta-cell dysfunction and account for the dominant phenotype of this mutation...
- Glucose transporter GLUT3 in the rat placental barrier: a possible machinery for the transplacental transfer of glucoseB C Shin
Department of Cell Biology, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
Endocrinology 138:3997-4004. 1997..The asymmetric distribution of GLUT3 across the placental barrier may suggest asymmetric transfer of glucose, which would be beneficial to provide a stable milieu for fetal development...
- Novel germline RET proto-oncogene mutations associated with medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC): mutation analysis in Japanese patients with MTCY Kitamura
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Oncogene 14:3103-6. 1997..Because the new RET alleles described here involve cysteine residues in a region of protein previously associated with FMTC and MEN2A, it is very likely that they represent mutations that predispose to the development of MTC...
- Genetic association between agouti locus and adrenal X zone morphology in SM/J miceS Tanaka
Laboratory Animal Research Center, University of Tokyo, Japan
Acta Anat (Basel) 149:170-3. 1994..The a locus might have a novel function in the control of the adrenocortical X zone cell turnover in addition to the well-known function controlling the coat color...
- Leu106-->Val (CTC-->GTC) mutation of superoxide dismutase-1 gene in patient with familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in JapanJ Kawamata
Lancet 343:1501. 1994
- Intracellular localization of human DNA polymerase alpha with monoclonal antibodiesK G Bensch
J Biol Chem 257:8391-6. 1982....
- Causal relationship between a case of severe hepatic dysfunction and low exposure concentrations of N,N-dimethylformamide in the synthetics industryT Nomiyama
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Ind Health 39:33-6. 2001..After the second period of medication and one month of rest from work, he had fully recovered and was reinstated, but to a workshop without DMF exposure...
- Initial and long-term results of directional coronary atherectomy in unprotected left main coronary arteryK Kosuga
Department of Cardiology, Shiga Medical Center for Adults, Shiga, Japan
Am J Cardiol 87:838-43. 2001..05). Thus, our data show that DCA can be performed safely and effectively in unprotected LMCA with an acceptable low restenosis rate and high survival rate...
- Immunocytochemical localization of secretory phospholipase A(2)-like protein in the pituitary gland and surrounding tissue of the bullfrog, Rana catesbeianaY Yaoi
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Shizuoka University, Ohya 836, Shizuoka 422-8529, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 49:631-8. 2001..J Histochem Cytochem 49:631-637, 2001)..
- MM-1, a c-Myc-binding protein, is a candidate for a tumor suppressor in leukemia/lymphoma and tongue cancerY Fujioka
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, College of Medical Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8012, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:45137-44. 2001..The results suggest that MM-1 is a novel candidate for a tumor suppressor that controls the transcriptional activity of c-Myc...
- An essential role of angiotensin II receptor type 1a in recipient kidney, not in transplanted peripheral blood leukocytes, in progressive immune-mediated renal injuryY Hisada
Discovery Research Laboratory, Tanabe Seiyaku Company, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Lab Invest 81:1243-51. 2001..These results demonstrate an essential role of AT1a in intrinsic renal cells for progressive immune-mediated renal injury and indicate a beneficial effect of blocking the renin-angiotensin system in the treatment of such diseases...
- Evidence of primary beta-cell destruction by T-cells and beta-cell differentiation from pancreatic ductal cells in diabetes associated with active autoimmune chronic pancreatitisS Tanaka
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Toranomon Hospital, Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8470, Japan
Diabetes Care 24:1661-7. 2001..In ACP, ductal islet precursor cells were associated with IPF-1 hyperexpression, suggesting a critical role of IPF-1 on islet cell differentiation and eventual beta-cell restoration...
- Sesquiterpene glucosides from anti-leukotriene B4 release fraction of Taraxacum officinaleY Kashiwada
Niigata College of Pharmacy, Japan
J Asian Nat Prod Res 3:191-7. 2001..The absolute stereostructure of 1 has been established by X-ray chrystallographic examination...
- Length and width of the tendinous portion of the palmaris longus: a cadaver study of adult JapaneseM M Ito
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
J Hand Surg Am 26:706-10. 2001..There was a statistically significant correlation between the lengths of the palmaris longus tendon and forearm. These results indicate that one can estimate the length of palmaris longus tendons before surgical intervention...
- Comparative study for histology, proliferative activity, glycoproteins, and p53 protein between old and recent colorectal adenomas in JapanA Li
Second Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, 8-35-1 Sakuragaoka, 890-8520, Kagoshima, Japan
Cancer Lett 170:45-52. 2001....
- Differential localization of prohormone convertases PC1 and PC2 in two distinct types of secretory granules in rat pituitary gonadotrophsM Uehara
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Shizuoka University, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 304:43-9. 2001..These immunocytochemical results suggest that PC2 may be involved in the proteolytic processing of SgII and that both PC1 and PC2 may be necessary to process CgA...
- Differences in management and outcomes of acute myocardial infarction among four general hospitals in JapanK Matsui
Department of General Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara-cho, Shogoin, Sakyo-ku, 606-8507, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Cardiol 78:277-84. 2001..0+/-19.4 days (P=0.0001). After adjustment for the clinical characteristics, these differences remained significant among hospitals. CONCLUSION: Considerable differences in the management and outcomes of patients with AMI exist in Japan...
- Autoantibodies detectable in the sera of silicosis patients. The relationship between the anti-topoisomerase I antibody response and HLA-DQB1*0402 allele in Japanese silicosis patientsA Ueki
Department of Hygiene, Kawasaki Medical School, Matsushima, Kurashiki, Japan
Sci Total Environ 270:141-8. 2001..These findings will be useful for preventing occupational autoimmune diseases...
- Phylogeny of regulatory regions of vertebrate tyrosinase genesH Yamamoto
Biological Institute, Faculty of Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Pigment Cell Res 5:284-94. 1992..In contrast, coding sequences in the first exons of vertebrate tyrosinase genes and their deduced amino acid sequences were found to be highly conserved except for their putative leader sequence-coding regions...