Affiliation: Meiji Pharmaceutical University
- Sugita T, Nakajima M, Ikeda R, Matsushima T, Shinoda T. Sequence analysis of the ribosomal DNA intergenic spacer 1 regions of Trichosporon species. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:1826-30 pubmed..Our results suggest that analysis of IGS regions provides a powerful method to distinguish between phylogenetically closely related species and that a geographic substructure may exist among T. asahii clinical isolates. ..
- Cho O, Matsukura M, Sugita T. Molecular evidence that the opportunistic fungal pathogen Trichosporon asahii is part of the normal fungal microbiota of the human gut based on rRNA genotyping. Int J Infect Dis. 2015;39:87-8 pubmed publisher..asahii were almost identical to those of reported clinical isolates. Therefore, T. asahii colonizing the gastrointestinal tract might be associated with the development of trichosporonosis, and not environmental isolates. ..
- Matsuda Y, Cho O, Sugita T, Ogishima D, Takeda S. Culture Supernatants of Lactobacillus gasseri and L. crispatus Inhibit Candida albicans Biofilm Formation and Adhesion to HeLa Cells. Mycopathologia. 2018;183:691-700 pubmed publisher..albicans adhesion to HeLa cells. These findings support the notion that Lactobacillus metabolites may be useful alternatives to antifungal drugs for the management of VVC. ..
- Sugita T, Tajima M, Ito T, Saito M, Tsuboi R, Nishikawa A. Antifungal activities of tacrolimus and azole agents against the eleven currently accepted Malassezia species. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:2824-9 pubmed..245 to 0.378. Our results provide the basis for testing these agents in future clinical trials to reduce the number of Malassezia cells colonizing the skin surface in patients with AD. ..
- Sugita T, Shiraki Y, Hiruma M. Real-time PCR TaqMan assay for detecting Trichophyton tonsurans, a causative agent of tinea capitis, from hairbrushes. Med Mycol. 2006;44:579-81 pubmed..We recently developed a real-time PCR TaqMan assay as a culture-independent method for the rapid detection of T. tonsurans from hairbrushes. ..
- Sugita T, Yamazaki T, Makimura K, Cho O, Yamada S, Ohshima H, et al. Comprehensive analysis of the skin fungal microbiota of astronauts during a half-year stay at the International Space Station. Med Mycol. 2016;54:232-9 pubmed publisher..These findings will provide information useful for maintaining the health of astronauts staying in the space environment for long periods and for preventing infection due to the human skin microbiota. ..
- Cho O, Sugita T. Low DNA Sequence Diversity of the Intergenic Spacer 1 Region in the Human Skin Commensal Fungi Malassezia sympodialis and M. dermatis Isolated from Patients with Malassezia-Associated Skin Diseases and Healthy Subjects. Mycopathologia. 2016;181:839-842 pubmed..Thus, given the lack of intraspecies diversity in the IGS regions of M. sympodialis and M. dermatis, studies of the diversity of these species should be performed using appropriate genes and not the IGS. ..
- Cho O, Ichikawa T, Kurakado S, Takashima M, Manabe R, Ohkuma M, et al. Draft Genome Sequence of the Causative Antigen of Summer-Type Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis, Trichosporon domesticum JCM 9580. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..This genomic information will help elucidate the mechanisms of the development of SHP. ..
- Sugita T, Tajima M, Takashima M, Amaya M, Saito M, Tsuboi R, et al. A new yeast, Malassezia yamatoensis, isolated from a patient with seborrheic dermatitis, and its distribution in patients and healthy subjects. Microbiol Immunol. 2004;48:579-83 pubmed..M. yamatoensis DNA was detected from 3 of 31 SD patients (9.7%), 5 of 36 AD patients (13.9%), and 1 of 22 healthy subjects (4.6%). Therefore, M. yamatoensis is a rare member of the cutaneous microflora...
- Sugita T, Takashima M, Poonwan N, Mekha N, Malaithao K, Thungmuthasawat B, et al. The first isolation of ustilaginomycetous anamorphic yeasts, Pseudozyma species, from patients' blood and a description of two new species: P. parantarctica and P. thailandica. Microbiol Immunol. 2003;47:183-90 pubmed..thailandica was also resistant to fluconazole and itraconazole. As far as we know, this is the first isolation of Pseudozyma strains from humans. The two new species are described...