Affiliation: Meiji Dairies Corporation
- Reducing the risk of infection in the elderly by dietary intake of yoghurt fermented with Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus OLL1073R-1Seiya Makino
Food Science Institute, Meiji Dairies Corporation, 540 Naruda, Odawara, Kanagawa 250 0862, Japan
Br J Nutr 104:998-1006. 2010..In conclusion, consumption of yoghurt fermented with L. bulgaricus OLL1073R-1 augmented natural killer cell activity and reduced the risk of catching the common cold in elderly individuals...
- Immunomodulatory effects of polysaccharides produced by Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus OLL1073R-1S Makino
Food Science Institute, Meiji Dairies Corp, 540 Naruda, Odawara, Kanagawa 250 0862, Japan
J Dairy Sci 89:2873-81. 2006..bulgaricus OLL1256 and S. thermophilus OLS3295. We conclude from these findings that yogurt fermented with L. bulgaricus OLL1073R-1, containing immunostimulative EPS, would have an immunomodulatory effect on the human body...
- Successful treatment of cold agglutinin disease with anti-CD20 antibody (rituximab) in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosusT Kotani
First Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
Lupus 15:683-5. 2006..This is the first report of successful rituximab treatment of CAD in a patient with SLE. We conclude that rituximab is worth trying in such patients if they fail to respond to conventional treatment...
- Effects of adrenergic agonists on glycogenolysis in primary cultures of glycogen body cells and telencephalon astrocytes of the chickK Lee
Department of Histology, Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam University, Taejon, Korea
Poult Sci 80:1736-42. 2001....
- Sequence analysis of candidate genes for common susceptibility to type 1 and type 2 diabetes in miceK Yamada
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Endocr J 48:241-7. 2001..The coding sequence of Txn was identical in the three strains. These data suggest that neither of the two genes is a common susceptiblity gene between type 1 and type 2 diabetes in mice...
- Genetic typing of the mouse and rat nude mutations by PCR and restriction enzyme analysisT Hirasawa
Center for Experimental Animals Development, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Shiga, Japan
Exp Anim 47:63-7. 1998..Finally, genetic mapping of the rnu locus was performed with microsatellite markers. The locus order on rat chromosome 10 was D10Mgh14-(2.0cM)-D10Mit2-(1.4cM)-rnu-(0.7cM++ +)-D10Mgh6-(2.7cM)-D10Mit8...
- Defect of thymocyte emigration in a T cell deficiency strain (CTS) of the mouseH Yagi
Department of Immunology and Embryology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Immunol 157:3412-9. 1996..Complete delineation of the precise mechanisms of this defect, however, requires further studies...
- A spore-lytic enzyme released from Bacillus cereus spores during germinationS Makino
Department of Applied Biological Science, School of Agricultural Science, Nagoya University, Aichi, Japan
Microbiology 140:1403-10. 1994..In contrast to the enzyme in a spore-bound form, the enzyme in solution was shown to be heat-sensitive and was readily inactivated by thiol reagents...
- Identification of a new susceptibility locus for insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus by ancestral haplotype congenic mappingH Ikegami
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
J Clin Invest 96:1936-42. 1995..Our results not only map a new MHC-linked diabetogenic gene(s) but also suggest a new way to fine map disease susceptibility genes within a region where strong linkage disequilibrium exists...
- The NOD mouse: recessive diabetogenic gene in the major histocompatibility complexM Hattori
Science 231:733-5. 1986..In crosses of NOD mice with control C3H mice, the development of diabetes was dependent on homozygosity for the NOD mouse's unique major histocompatibility region...
- A dual transcriptional activation system for the 230 kb plasmid genes coding for virulence-associated antigens of Shigella flexneriB Adler
Department of Bacteriology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Mol Microbiol 3:627-35. 1989..flexneri. The virF gene appears to have a central role in activation of the 230 kb plasmid-encoded virulence genes...