- Role of antioxidants in the skin: anti-aging effectsHitoshi Masaki
Nikkol Group Cosmos Technical Center Co, Ltd, 3 24 3 Hasune, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 174 0046, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 58:85-90. 2010..The effects of ROS generated in the skin and the roles of ROS in altering the skin are also discussed. In addition, the effects of representative antioxidants on the skin are summarized with a focus on skin aging...
- Reactive oxygen species in HaCaT keratinocytes after UVB irradiation are triggered by intracellular Ca(2+) levelsHitoshi Masaki
Cosmos Technical Center Co, Ltd, 3 24 3 Hasune, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 14:50-2. 2009..This suggests that intracellular Ca(2+) is the first trigger for UVB-induced ROS generation.Journal of Investigative Dermatology Symposium Proceedings (2009) 14, 50-52; doi:10.1038/jidsymp.2009.12...
- A new lipophilic pro-vitamin C, tetra-isopalmitoyl ascorbic acid (VC-IP), prevents UV-induced skin pigmentation through its anti-oxidative propertiesYasunobu Ochiai
Cosmos Technical Center Co, Ltd, 3 24 3, Hasune, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 174 0046, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 44:37-44. 2006..However, Vitamin C has limited stability and permeability, and development of a Vitamin C derivative with improved properties is needed...
- Exogenous nitric oxide enhances the synthesis of type I collagen and heat shock protein 47 by normal human dermal fibroblastsKei Obayashi
Cosmos Technical Center Co Ltd, 3 24 3 Hasune, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 174 0046, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 41:121-6. 2006..On the other hand, physiological NO is useful to maintain skin homeostasis such as a vasodilatation. However, a role of NO on production of dermal matrix has been clarified...
- L-Ergothioneine scavenges superoxide and singlet oxygen and suppresses TNF-alpha and MMP-1 expression in UV-irradiated human dermal fibroblastsKei Obayashi
Cosmos Technical Center Co Ltd, 3 24 3, Hasune, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, 174 0046, Japan
J Cosmet Sci 56:17-27. 2005..EGT may reduce skin anti-aging effects after UV irradiation by the scavenging of *O(2)(-) and (1)O(2), and reducing signals for protease and inflammatory activity...
- alpha-tocopherol increases the intracellular glutathione level in HaCaT keratinocytesHitoshi Masaki
Kobe Research Laboratory, Noevir Co, Ltd, 13 1 Port Island, Naka machi, 6 Chome, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 8521, Japan
Free Radic Res 36:705-9. 2002..From these results, it was concluded that alpha-tocopherol increases the intracellular GSH level of HaCaT keratinocytes through the up-regulation of gamma-GCS-HS mRNA...