Affiliation: Kyushu University
- Yamamoto K, Usuda K, Kakuta Y, Kimura M, Higashiura A, Nakagawa A, et al. Structural basis for catalytic activity of a silkworm Delta-class glutathione transferase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:1469-74 pubmed publisher..Kinetic analysis of bmGSTD mutants indicated that Ser11, Gln51, His52, Ser67, and Arg68 are important for enzyme function. These results provide structural insights into the catalysis of glutathione conjugation in B. mori by bmGSTD. ..
- Yamamoto K, Zhang P, Miake F, Kashige N, Aso Y, Banno Y, et al. Cloning, expression and characterization of theta-class glutathione S-transferase from the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;141:340-6 pubmed..Incubation for 30 min at temperatures below 50 degrees C also affected the activity insignificantly. The Michaelis constant for 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene was 0.48 mM. ..
- Yamamoto K, Fujii H, Aso Y, Banno Y, Koga K. Expression and characterization of a sigma-class glutathione S-transferase of the fall webworm, Hyphantria cunea. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:553-60 pubmed..We also found that as compared to B. mori Sigma-class GST, rhcGST had a higher affinity for fenitrothion, an organophosphorus insecticide. ..
- Yamamoto K, Nagaoka S, Banno Y, Aso Y. Biochemical properties of an omega-class glutathione S-transferase of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2009;149:461-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that bmGSTO could be involved in the increase in level of insecticide resistance for lepidopteran insects. ..
- Yamamoto K, Teshiba S, Shigeoka Y, Aso Y, Banno Y, Fujiki T, et al. Characterization of an omega-class glutathione S-transferase in the stress response of the silkmoth. Insect Mol Biol. 2011;20:379-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, bmGSTO could contribute to increasing the environmental stress resistance of lepidopteran insects...
- Yamamoto K, Aso Y, Yamada N. Catalytic function of an ?-class glutathione S-transferase of the silkworm. Insect Mol Biol. 2013;22:523-31 pubmed publisher..These residues were replaced with alanine by site-directed mutagenesis and subsequent kinetic analysis of bmGSTE mutants indicated that His53, Val55, and Ser68 were important for enzyme function. ..
- Yamamoto K, Higashiura A, Suzuki M, Aritake K, Urade Y, Nakagawa A. Molecular structure of a prostaglandin D synthase requiring glutathione from the brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:166-171 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights into the mechanism of nlPGDS activity and potentially that of other insects and therefore may facilitate the development of more effective and safe insecticides. ..
- Yamamoto K, Zhang P, Banno Y, Fujii H, Miake F, Kashige N, et al. Superoxide dismutase from the silkworm, Bombyx mori: sequence, distribution, and overexpression. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:507-14 pubmed publisher..bmSOD at 4 degrees C retained almost all of its original activity after incubation at pH 4-11 for 24 h. Incubation (pH 7) for 30 min at temperatures below 40 degrees C also affected activity insignificantly...