Affiliation: Kyushu University
- Otsu H, Oki E, Ikawa Yoshida A, Kawano H, Ando K, Ida S, et al. Correlation of HER2 expression with clinicopathological characteristics and prognosis in resectable gastric cancer. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:2441-6 pubmed..011). HER2 expression may have potential as a prognostic factor for intestinal cancer types. Further research is warranted. ..
- Itoh S, Ikegami T, Yoshizumi T, Wang H, Takeishi K, Harimoto N, et al. Long-term outcome of living-donor liver transplantation for combined hepatocellular-cholangiocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:2475-6 pubmed..The OS and DFS between patients with cHC-CC and HCC were not statistically different. LDLT for patients with cHC-CC using the Milan criteria or the Kyushu University criteria, as well as HCC, could have an acceptable long-term outcome. ..
- Nakanoko T, Koga T, Taketani K, Hirayama Y, Yoshiya S, Minagawa R, et al. Characteristics and Treatment Strategies for Small Bowel Adenocarcinoma in Advanced-stage Cases. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:4135-8 pubmed..In contrast, overall survival in the stage IV case without chemotherapy was 3.3 months. Curative resection and definitive chemotherapy for unresectable cases are effective treatment strategies for small bowel adenocarcinoma. ..
- Sugimachi K, Sakimura S, Tomokuni A, Uchi R, Hirata H, Komatsu H, et al. Identification of Recurrence-Related microRNAs from Bone Marrow in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients. J Clin Med. 2015;4:1600-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miRNA profiles in separated fractions of BM cells are associated with HCC progression. ..
- Beppu T, Emi Y, Tokunaga S, Oki E, Shirabe K, Ueno S, et al. Liver resectability of advanced liver-limited colorectal liver metastases following mFOLFOX6 with bevacizumab (KSCC0802 Study). Anticancer Res. 2014;34:6655-62 pubmed..7 months and 33.0 months), respectively. mFOLFOX6 with bevacizumab regimen is safe and effective for advanced liver-limited CRLM and might lead to high liver resectability. ..
- Inoue Y, Yamashita N, Ueo H, Tanaka K, Saeki H, Oki E, et al. The Clinical Usefulness of the LigaSureâ„¢ Small Jaw in Axillary Lymph Node Dissection in Patients with Breast Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2018;38:2359-2362 pubmed..The LS-SJ was more effective for ALND in obese patients. The results suggest the clinical usefulness of LS-SJ in ALND in patients with breast cancer, especially in obese patients. ..
- Inoue Y, Yamashita N, Tokunaga E, Tanaka K, Ueo H, Saeki H, et al. A Locally Advanced Breast Cancer that Achieved pCR with Pertuzumab, Trastuzumab and Docetaxel: Case Report. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:1917-1921 pubmed..The tumor subsequently reduced in size and, after 4 cycles of this therapy, she underwent surgery. The histopathological examination of the postoperative specimen showed pCR in both the primary tumor and axillary lymph nodes. ..
- Satake H, Iwatsuki M, Uenosono Y, Shiraishi T, Tanioka H, Saeki H, et al. Phase II trial of capecitabine plus modified cisplatin (mXP) as first-line therapy in Japanese patients with metastatic gastric cancer (KSCC1104). Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;79:147-153 pubmed publisher..4%), anorexia (24.4%), and nausea (12.2%). First-line chemotherapy with mXP in Japanese patients with mGC did not reach its primary objective. However, it did show a promising response rate and an acceptable tolerability profile. ..
- Sugiyama M, Kusumoto E, Ota M, Kimura Y, Tsutsumi N, Oki E, et al. Induction of potentially lethal hypermagnesemia, ischemic colitis, and toxic megacolon by a preoperative mechanical bowel preparation: report of a case. Surg Case Rep. 2016;2:18 pubmed publisher..Hence, the present case suggests that severe ischemic colitis, toxic megacolon, and hypermagnesemia can occur after taking a magnesium laxative without obstruction of the intestine. ..
- Yoshida T, Okamoto T, Yano T, Takada K, Kohno M, Suda K, et al. Molecular Factors Associated with Pemetrexed Sensitivity According to Histological Type in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6319-6326 pubmed..In adenocarcinomas, GGH potentially represents a marker for chemosensitivity to Alimta®. ..
- Takahashi T, Emi Y, Oki E, Kobayashi K, Tsuji A, Shimokawa M, et al. Multicenter phase II study of combination therapy with cetuximab and S-1 in patients with KRAS exon 2 wild-type unresectable colorectal cancer previously treated with irinotecan, oxaliplatin, and fluoropyrimidines (KSCC 0901 study). Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016;78:585-93 pubmed publisher..Combination therapy with cetuximab and S-1 was effective and well tolerated in patients with irinotecan-, oxaliplatin-, and fluoropyrimidine-refractory metastatic colorectal cancer. ..
- Nakashima Y, Nakanishi R, Sugiyama M, Ohgaki K, Sonoda H, Saeki H, et al. Laparoscopic Resection of Gastric Cancer in a Patient with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Accompanied by Neutropenia. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1779-83 pubmed..Laparoscopic gastrectomy may be considered a primary approach in patients with neutropenia because it is associated with lower risk of postoperative infection and a lower mortality rate compared to open resection. ..
- Motomura T, Shirabe K, Furusyo N, Yoshizumi T, Ikegami T, Soejima Y, et al. Effect of laparoscopic splenectomy in patients with Hepatitis C and cirrhosis carrying IL28B minor genotype. BMC Gastroenterol. 2012;12:158 pubmed publisher..Splenectomy improved SVR rate among patients carrying IL28B minor genotype and protected against anemia and thrombocytopenia during the course of PEG-IFN/RBV therapy regardless of ITPA genotype. ..
- Nisa H, Kono S, Yin G, Toyomura K, Nagano J, Mibu R, et al. Cigarette smoking, genetic polymorphisms and colorectal cancer risk: the Fukuoka Colorectal Cancer Study. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:274 pubmed publisher..Cigarette smoking may be associated with increased risk of rectal cancer, but not of colon cancer. The observed interactions between CYP1A1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms warrant further confirmation. ..
- Yamashita N, Tokunaga E, Yamamoto H, Shimizu C, Taketani K, Inoue Y, et al. The Local Recurrence of Breast Cancer with Squamous Metaplasia and Obvious Histological Heterogeneity. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5249-5254 pubmed..Intratumoral and intertumoral heterogeneity within primary tumors and associated metastatic sites may contribute to treatment failure and drug resistance. ..
- Fujimoto Y, Nakashima Y, Sasaki S, Jogo T, Hirose K, Edahiro K, et al. Chemoradiotherapy for Solitary Skeletal Muscle Metastasis from Oesophageal Cancer: Case Report and Brief Literature Review. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5687-5691 pubmed..The incidence of skeletal muscle metastasis from oesophageal cancer is very low, and the treatment strategy has not been established...