Affiliation: Kyushu University
- Effort-reward imbalance and physical health among Japanese workers in a recently downsized corporationMasahiro Irie
Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, 6 1 Kasuga Park, Kasuga, Fukuoka, 816 8580, Japan
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 77:409-17. 2004..The present study investigated the effort-reward imbalance (ERI) model-related biological markers of disease risks in Japanese workers of a recently downsized manufacturing corporation...
- Lesions in the suprachiasmatic nuclei suppress inflammatory mediators in sensitized ratsMasahiro Irie
Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 139:299-305. 2006..Thus, we investigated the effects of electrolytic lesioning of the SCN on the antigen-induced immediate allergic response and the late allergic response (LAR) in male Brown Norway rats, i.e. in a model of allergic inflammation...
- Occupational and lifestyle factors and urinary 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosineMasahiro Irie
Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, 6 1 Kasuga Park, Kasuga, Fukuoka 816 8580, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:600-6. 2005..We suggest that several occupational and lifestyle factors, particularly long working hours and cigarette smoking, are linked to the formation of 8-OH-dG in workers...
- Depression and possible cancer risk due to oxidative DNA damageMasahiro Irie
Second Department of Health Sciences Clinical Science and Psychology, Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, Kasuga, Fukuoka 816 8580, Japan
J Psychiatr Res 39:553-60. 2005..This study suggests that clinical depression is a risk factor for cancer initiation in view of oxidative DNA damage...
- Depressive state relates to female oxidative DNA damage via neutrophil activationMasahiro Irie
Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, 6 1 Kasuga Park, Kasuga, 816 8580, Fukuoka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 311:1014-8. 2003..There was a positive correlation between the percentage of neutrophils and the 8-OH-dG levels in females. Psychological depression was related to cancer risk due to oxidative DNA damage in females, possibly via neutrophil activation...
- A 3-year follow-up study of anti-Legionella antibodies in users of Japanese 24-hour hot water bathsMasahiro Irie
Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, Japan
J Occup Health 46:68-77. 2004....
- Diazepam attenuates conditioned histamine release in guinea pigsMasahiro Irie
Institute for Occupational Health Sciences Aichi Medical University, Nagakute cho, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
Int J Psychophysiol 51:231-8. 2004..5 and 5 mg/kg), even after adjustments for several factors regarding immunological sensitization and conditionability. The present study suggests that diazepam attenuates a conditioned histamine release...
- Fasting stress exacerbates classical conditioned histamine release in guinea pigsMasahiro Irie
Institute for Occupational Health Sciences, Aichi Medical University, 21 Karimata, Yazako, Nagakute cho, Japan
Life Sci 72:689-98. 2002..The present study indicates that fasting stress after the conditioning procedures exacerbates the following conditioned histamine release, although the stress effect on bronchoconstriction was not confirmed...
- The relationship between IMPS-measured stress score and intraocular pressure among public school workersKazuhiko Yamamoto
Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, Shiobaru, Minami Ku, Fukuoka, Japan
J Physiol Anthropol 27:43-50. 2008..Further research is needed to elucidate the relationship between this stress-associated increase in intraocular pressure and open-angle glaucoma...
- Effect of isolation on classical conditioned histamine release in guinea pigsMasahiro Irie
Institute for Occupational Health Sciences, Aichi Medical University, 21 Karimata, Yazako, Nagakute cho, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
Neurosci Res 44:31-5. 2002..05 and P < 0.01). A change of social relations, particularly isolation during the presentation of the CS, may have a suppressive effect on immediate asthmatic responses due to the conditioning mechanism...
- Anterior hypothalamic lesions inhibit antigen-induced airway eosinophilia in ratsMasahiro Irie
Institute for Occupational Health Sciences, Aichi Medical University, Nagakute cho, Aichi, Japan
Neuroimmunomodulation 10:305-9. 2002..e. a model of bronchial asthma...
- Novel fluorescent probe for detecting hydroperoxides with strong emission in the visible rangeNobuaki Soh
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, 744, Moto oka, Nishi ku, Fukuoka 819 0395, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:2943-6. 2006..Because of these prominent properties, Spy-HP is expected to be a novel and useful fluorescent probe to 'spy' on hydroperoxides in biosamples...
- The relationship between IMPS-measured stress score and biomedical parameters regarding health status among public school workersKazuhiko Yamamoto
Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, and Kyushu Central Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
J Physiol Anthropol 26:149-58. 2007....
- Design and development of a fluorescent probe for monitoring hydrogen peroxide using photoinduced electron transferNobuaki Soh
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, 6-10-1, Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8581, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 13:1131-9. 2005..Time-resolved fluorescence measurements of DPPEA-HC and DPPEA-HC oxide confirmed that the fluorescence off/on switching mechanism of DPPEA-HC is based on the PET on/off control...
- New photoswitching unit for magnetic interaction: diarylethene with 2,5-bis(arylethynyl)-3-thienyl groupNaoki Tanifuji
Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology (PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Kyushu University, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8581, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 127:13344-53. 2005..The magnetic interaction between two radicals via the pi-conjugated chain was altered by photocyclization due to the change of the hybrid orbital at the 2-position of the thiophene ring from sp(2) to sp(3)...
- Crystal engineering of photochromic diarylethene single crystalsMasakazu Morimoto
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, Hakozaki 6-10-1, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8581, Japan
Chem Rec 4:23-38. 2004..The selective reactions were confirmed by HPLC and X-ray crystallography. Excited energy transfers from 1a to 2a and from 1a to 3a are considered to occur and cause the selective reactions...
- Full-color photochromism of a fused dithienylethene trimerKenji Higashiguchi
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 127:8922-3. 2005..The diarylethene derivative showed full-color photochromic performance by choosing appropriate wavelength of light...
- Relationship between effort-reward imbalance, low social support and depressive state among Japanese male workersMisuzu Watanabe
Department of Health and Psychosocial Medicine, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
J Occup Health 46:78-81. 2004
- Effect of rapid eye movement sleep deprivation on allergen-induced airway responses in a rat model of asthmaMasahiro Irie
Institute for Occupational Health Sciences, Aichi Medical University, Nagakute, Aichi, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 130:300-6. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of sleep deprivation, particularly REM sleep, using the classical platform (flowerpot) method on asthmatic responses in a rat model of asthma, in a situation of immobilization stress...
- Psychological mediation of a type of oxidative DNA damage, 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine, in peripheral blood leukocytes of non-smoking and non-drinking workersMasahiro Irie
Department of Mental Health, Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences, Kitakyushu, Japan
Psychother Psychosom 71:90-6. 2002....
- Characterization of cationic diarylethene by electron spin resonance and absorption spectra-ratio of open/closed-ring isomersSatoshi Yokojima
Mitsubishi Chemical Group, Science and Technology Research Center, Inc and CREST JST, 1000 Kamoshida cho, Aoba ku, Yokohama, 227 8502 Japan
J Phys Chem A 110:8137-43. 2006..The experimentally observed spectrum is found to be the mixture of the open- and closed-ring isomers of the diarylethene. The excitation energies of the cationic diarylethenes are further identified by the SAC-CI calculations...
- Relationship between cumulative effects of smoking and memory CD4+ T lymphocyte subpopulationsAkinori Nakata
National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Japan
Addict Behav 32:1526-31. 2007..The findings suggest that the CD4+CD45RO+CD69+ T and CD4+CD45RO+ T lymphocytes are sensitive to cumulative effect of smoking, and may serve as a potential immuno-biomarker for active smoking...
- Donor-substituted cyanoethynylethenes: powerful chromophores for opto-electronic applicationsNicolle N P Moonen
, , HCI, , Switzerland
Org Biomol Chem 1:2032-4. 2003....