Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Kyoto University
- Alpha-CaMKII deficiency causes immature dentate gyrus, a novel candidate endophenotype of psychiatric disordersNobuyuki Yamasaki
Frontier Technology Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Brain 1:6. 2008..Based on these results, we propose that an "immature DG" in adulthood might induce alterations in behavior and serve as a promising candidate endophenotype of schizophrenia and other human psychiatric disorders...
- Comprehensive behavioral analysis of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV knockout miceKeizo Takao
Genetic Engineering and Functional Genomics Group, Frontier Technology Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e9460. 2010..These findings indicate that CaMKIV might not be essential for fear memory or spatial memory, although it is possible that the activities of other neural mechanisms or signaling pathways compensate for the CaMKIV deficiency...
- [Stress and animal model of psychiatric disease]Tsuyoshi Miyakawa
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 126:189-93. 2005
- Sept4, a component of presynaptic scaffold and Lewy bodies, is required for the suppression of alpha-synuclein neurotoxicityMasafumi Ihara
Biochemistry and Cell Biology Unit, HMRO, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Yoshida Konoe, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Neuron 53:519-33. 2007..Taken together, these data show that Sept4 may be involved in PD as a dual susceptibility factor, as its insufficiency can diminish dopaminergic neurotransmission and enhance alpha-synuclein neurotoxicity...
- A mouse model characterizing features of vascular dementia with hippocampal atrophyKeiko Nishio
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507 Japan
Stroke 41:1278-84. 2010..However, as subcortical ischemic vascular dementia progresses over time, the longer-term effects that characterize the mouse model are not known...
- Abnormal social behavior, hyperactivity, impaired remote spatial memory, and increased D1-mediated dopaminergic signaling in neuronal nitric oxide synthase knockout miceKoichi Tanda
Genetic Engineering and Functional Genomics Group, Horizontal Medical Research Organization, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Mol Brain 2:19. 2009..We also examined the role of nNOS in dopamine/DARPP-32 signaling in striatal slices from nNOS KO mice and the effects of the administration of a dopamine D1 receptor agonist on behavior in nNOS KO mice...
- α-Synuclein BAC transgenic mice as a model for Parkinson's disease manifested decreased anxiety-like behavior and hyperlocomotionHodaka Yamakado
Department of Neurology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Neurosci Res 73:173-7. 2012..Our α-syn BAC tg mice could be a valuable tool to evaluate α-syn gene dosage effects in vivo...