Affiliation: Kyoto Institute of Technology
- Suda K, Ueoka I, Azuma Y, Muraoka Y, Yoshida H, Yamaguchi M. Novel Drosophila model for mitochondrial diseases by targeting of a solute carrier protein SLC25A46. Brain Res. 2018;1689:30-44 pubmed publisher..The dSLC25A46 knockdown fly thus recapitulates most of the phenotypes in mitochondrial disease patients, providing a useful tool to study these diseases. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Takashima H. Drosophila Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Models. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2018;1076:97-117 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, after overviewing CMT, examples of Drosophila CMT models with axonal neuropathy and other animal CMT models are described. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Yoshida H. Drosophila as a Model Organism. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2018;1076:1-10 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, commonly used techniques and tools with Drosophila models will be briefly described, with a special emphasis on the advantages of Drosophila models in the study of various human diseases. ..
- Dung V, Suong D, Okamaoto Y, Hiramatsu Y, Thao D, Yoshida H, et al. Neuron-specific knockdown of Drosophila PDHB induces reduction of lifespan, deficient locomotive ability, abnormal morphology of motor neuron terminals and photoreceptor axon targeting. Exp Cell Res. 2018;366:92-102 pubmed publisher..In addition, flies with knockdown of dPDHB manifested a rough eye phenotype and aberrant photoreceptor axon targeting. These results with the Drosophila model suggest the involvement of PDHB in peripheral neuropathy. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Ali M, Yoshioka Y, Ly L, Yoshida H. NF-Y in invertebrates. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:630-635 pubmed publisher..In addition, studies on NF-Y in platyhelminths are also summarized. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Nuclear Factor Y in Development and Disease, edited by Prof. Roberto Mantovani. ..
- An P, Shimaji K, Tanaka R, Yoshida H, Kimura H, Fukusaki E, et al. Epigenetic regulation of starvation-induced autophagy in Drosophila by histone methyltransferase G9a. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7343 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a positive role for dG9a in starvation-induced autophagy. ..
- Tue N, Yoshioka Y, Mizoguchi M, Yoshida H, Zurita M, Yamaguchi M. DREF plays multiple roles during Drosophila development. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:705-712 pubmed publisher..Thus, DREF is now emerging as not only a transcription factor, but also a multi-functional protein. In this review, we summarize current advances in studies on the novel functions of Drosophila DREF. ..
- Jantrapirom S, Lo Piccolo L, Yoshida H, Yamaguchi M. A new Drosophila model of Ubiquilin knockdown shows the effect of impaired proteostasis on locomotive and learning abilities. Exp Cell Res. 2018;362:461-471 pubmed publisher..These results contribute to our understanding of the impact of impaired proteostasis in neurodegenerative diseases and provide a useful Drosophila model for the development of promising therapies for ALS and FTLD. ..
- Shimaji K, Konishi T, Yoshida H, Kimura H, Yamaguchi M. Genome-wide genetic screen identified the link between dG9a and epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway in vivo. Exp Cell Res. 2016;346:53-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the dG9a over-expression reduced the activated ERK signals in eye discs. These data demonstrate a strong genetic link between dG9a and the EGFR signaling pathway. ..
- Shimaji K, Tanaka R, Maeda T, Ozaki M, Yoshida H, Ohkawa Y, et al. Histone methyltransferase G9a is a key regulator of the starvation-induced behaviors in Drosophila melanogaster. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14763 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that dG9a functions as a key regulator for the decision of behavioral strategies under starvation conditions. ..
- Morishita K, Anh Suong D, Yoshida H, Yamaguchi M. The Drosophila DOCK family protein Sponge is required for development of the air sac primordium. Exp Cell Res. 2017;354:95-102 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that Spg plays a critical role in ASP development and tracheal cell viability that is mediated by the ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Men T, Binh T, Yamaguchi M, Huy N, Kamei K. Function of Lipid Storage Droplet 1 (Lsd1) in Wing Development of Drosophila melanogaster. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..These results highlight the roles of Drosophila Lsd1 during wing development. ..
- Kyotani A, Azuma Y, Yamamoto I, Yoshida H, Mizuta I, Mizuno T, et al. Knockdown of the Drosophila FIG4 induces deficient locomotive behavior, shortening of motor neuron, axonal targeting aberration, reduction of life span and defects in eye development. Exp Neurol. 2016;277:86-95 pubmed publisher..In addition, eye imaginal disk-specific knockdown of dFIG4 disrupted differentiation of pupal ommatidial cell types, such as cone cells and pigment cells, suggesting an additional role of dFIG4 during eye development. ..
- Suong D, Shimaji K, Pyo J, Park J, Yoshida H, Yoo M, et al. Overexpression of dJmj differentially affects intestinal stem cells and differentiated enterocytes. Cell Signal. 2018;42:194-210 pubmed publisher..Instead of this, the disappearance of H3K27me3 in ISC/EB-specific overexpressed dJmj suggested a possible PRC2-independent role of dJmj in regulating chromatin structure. ..
- Shimamura M, Kyotani A, Azuma Y, Yoshida H, Binh Nguyen T, Mizuta I, et al. Genetic link between Cabeza, a Drosophila homologue of Fused in Sarcoma (FUS), and the EGFR signaling pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2014;326:36-45 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that Caz negatively regulates the EGFR signaling pathway required for determination of cone cell fate in Drosophila. ..
- Kitajima S, Kamei K, Taketani S, Yamaguchi M, Kawai F, Komatsu A, et al. Two chitinase-like proteins abundantly accumulated in latex of mulberry show insecticidal activity. BMC Biochem. 2010;11:6 pubmed publisher..Proteins abundantly accumulated in latex might therefore be involved in the defense system...