Affiliation: Kyoto University
- Identification of hepatic niche harboring human acute lymphoblastic leukemic cells via the SDF-1/CXCR4 axisItaru Kato
Department of Clinical Application, Center for iPS Cell Research and Application, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e27042. 2011..Our findings form the basis for therapeutic approaches that target the extramedullary niche by inhibiting the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis...
- A long-term follow-up of a girl with dilated cardiomyopathy after mitral valve replacement and septal anterior ventricular exclusionShiro Baba
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Cardiothorac Surg 4:53. 2009..0% of normal) to 62.5 mm (144.2% of normal) and 7.6% to 18.3% respectively. Furthermore, her serum BNP decreased from 2217.5 pg/ml to 112.0 pg/ml. Her cardiac function has remained stable for 7 years since the procedures were performed...
- Ex vivo expansion of human hematopoietic stem cellsT Nakahata
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Int J Hematol 73:6-13. 2001..The culture method with the IL-6/sIL-6R complex and other cytokines may pave the way for ex vivo expansion of human transplantable HSCs suitable for clinical applications...
- Living-donor liver transplantation for propionic acidaemiaT Yorifuji
Department of Pediatrics, Kyoto University Hospital, 54 Shogoin Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Inherit Metab Dis 27:205-10. 2004..Adequate protein restriction and medication need to be maintained even after successful transplantation...
- A method to identify cDNAs based on localization of green fluorescent protein fusion productsK Misawa
Departments of Hematopoietic Factors, Clinical Oncology, and Hematology Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:3062-6. 2000..Using FL-REX, we have identified 25 cDNAs, most of which showed reasonable subcellular localization as GFP-fusion proteins, indicating that FL-REX is useful for identification of proteins that show specific intracellular localization...
- Molecular and clinical analysis of Japanese patients with 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA lyase (HL) deficiencyJ Muroi
Department of Pediatrics, Kyoto University Hospital, Japan
Hum Genet 107:320-6. 2000..In general, patients with null-activity mutations presented earlier in life, whereas those with residual activities presented later...
- Successful hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for aplastic anemia following living-related liver transplantationK Umeda
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:531-4. 2002..Conditioning consisted of cyclophosphamide (CY) 200 mg/kg and 7 Gy total lymphoid irradiation (TLI). Marrow engraftment was prompt and there was no significant graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)...
- Human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (hGM-CSF) stimulates primitive and definitive erythropoiesis in mouse embryos expressing hGM-CSF receptors but not erythropoietin receptorsH Hisakawa
Department of Clinical Oncology, Division of DNA Biology and Embryo Engineering, Center for Experimental Medicine, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Blood 98:3618-25. 2001....
- Intracranial aneurysms in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV in early childhoodT Kato
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Pediatr Neurol 25:336-9. 2001..Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV should be considered in the differential diagnosis of cerebrovascular disorder and stroke in early childhood...
- Gene expression profiles of human small airway epithelial cells treated with low doses of 14- and 16-membered macrolidesY Yamanaka
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8639, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 287:198-203. 2001..The products of these four genes may be candidates for mediating the ability of 14-membered macrolides to suppress chronic inflammation...
- Cloning and expression of human B cell-specific transcription factor BACH2 mapped to chromosome 6q15S Sasaki
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Hirosaki University, Japan
Oncogene 19:3739-49. 2000..Among 25 informative cases, five (20%) showed LOH. These results indicate that BACH2 plays important roles in regulation of B cell development...
- Suppression of STAT5 functions in liver, mammary glands, and T cells in cytokine-inducible SH2-containing protein 1 transgenic miceA Matsumoto
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Kurume 839 0861, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 19:6396-407. 1999..These data suggest that CIS1 functions as a specific negative regulator of STAT5 in vivo and plays an important regulatory role in the liver, mammary glands, and T cells...
- Expression of p21(Cip1/Waf1/Sdi1) and p27(Kip1) cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors during human hematopoiesisT Taniguchi
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, The Department of Pathology, The Branch Hospital, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 93:4167-78. 1999..These observations suggest that a complex lineage-specific regulation is involved in p21 and p27 expression and that these inhibitors are involved in cell-cycle exit in megakaryocytes...
- Functional expression of the high affinity receptor for IgE (FcepsilonRI) in human platelets and its' intracellular expression in human megakaryocytesS Hasegawa
Department of Immunology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 93:2543-51. 1999..Taken together, these results suggest a novel and important role for human platelets in perpetuating allergic inflammation through the expression of and activation via the FcepsilonRI...