Affiliation: Kyoto University
- Regulation of the hepatitis C virus genome replication by miR-199aYoshiki Murakami
Center for Genomic Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawaharacho, Kyoto, Japan
J Hepatol 50:453-60. 2009..microRNAs (miRNAs) are non-coding RNAs that regulate gene expression, and they have recently been shown to play an important role in viral replication...
- Dysregulation of IFN system can lead to poor response to pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy in chronic hepatitis CKoji Onomoto
Institute for Viral Research and Graduate School of Bioscience, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e19799. 2011..Although the antiviral mechanism of genetically altered IL28B is unknown, IL28B polymorphism is considered a good predictor of IFN combination treatment outcome...
- Hepatic microRNA expression is associated with the response to interferon treatment of chronic hepatitis CYoshiki Murakami
Center for Genomic Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 53 Shogoinkawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
BMC Med Genomics 3:48. 2010..In this study we administered the standard combination treatment to CHC patients. We then examined their miRNA expression profiles in order to identify the miRNAs that were associated with each patient's drug response...
- The progression of liver fibrosis is related with overexpression of the miR-199 and 200 familiesYoshiki Murakami
Center for Genomic Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e16081. 2011..In order to clarify how the aberrant expression of miRNAs participates in development of the liver fibrosis, we analyzed the liver fibrosis in mouse liver fibrosis model and human clinical samples...
- Impact of hepatitis B virus integration into liver tissue on the efficacy of peginterferon and ribavirin therapy in hepatitis B virus-negative chronic hepatitis C patientsHidenori Toyoda
Department of Gastroenterology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, Ogaki Center for Genomic Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Clin Gastroenterol 48:73-9. 2014..We investigated the prevalence of HBV integration and its association with the outcome of peginterferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin combination therapy in HBsAg-negative chronic hepatitis C patients...