Genomes and Genes
Kyung Kwon Lee
Affiliation: Kyoto University
- Phosphorylation and dimerization regulate nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of mammalian STE20-like kinase (MST)Kyung Kwon Lee
Institute for Virus Research and Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:12351-8. 2002....
- Short-term delay of Fas-stimulated apoptosis by GM-CSF as a result of temporary suppression of FADD recruitment in neutrophils: evidence implicating phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and MEK1-ERK1/2 pathways downstream of classical protein kinase CYasuko Kotone-Miyahara
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 76:1047-56. 2004..These results indicated that GM-CSF suppresses Fas-induced neutrophil apoptosis by inhibiting FADD binding to Fas, through redundant actions of PI-3K and MEK1-ERK1/2 pathways downstream of classical PKC...
- Translocation of analogues of the antimicrobial peptides magainin and buforin across human cell membranesKenta Takeshima
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:1310-5. 2003..However, the mechanism appeared to be different from that of the parent peptide...
- Identification of mechanism that couples multisite phosphorylation of Yes-associated protein (YAP) with transcriptional coactivation and regulation of apoptosisKyung Kwon Lee
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:9568-78. 2012..Our results demonstrate that multisite phosphorylation of YAP induces YAP/TEAD-dependent gene expression and provides a mechanism by which YAP regulates apoptosis differently depending on cellular context...
- Protease activity of procaspase-8 is essential for cell survival by inhibiting both apoptotic and nonapoptotic cell death dependent on receptor-interacting protein kinase 1 (RIP1) and RIP3Mina Kikuchi
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:41165-73. 2012....
- Role of the tumor suppressor RASSF1A in Mst1-mediated apoptosisHyun Jung Oh
Department of Biological Sciences, Biomedical Research Center, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, South Korea
Cancer Res 66:2562-9. 2006..These findings indicate that RASSF1A facilitates Mst1 activation and thereby promotes apoptosis induced by death receptor signaling...