Affiliation: Kyoto University
- Mislocalization and inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase 1 by a synthetic small moleculeDongju Jung
Institute for Integrated Cell Material Sciences WPI iCeMS, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Biochem J 448:409-16. 2012..The molecular mechanism of chromeceptin may provide a new pharmacological approach to selective inhibition of ACC1 for biological studies and pharmaceutical development...
- Incorporation of functionalized gold nanoparticles into nanofibers for enhanced attachment and differentiation of mammalian cellsDongju Jung
Institute for Integrated Cell Material Sciences WPI iCeMS, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
J Nanobiotechnology 10:23. 2012..Development of a facile method of grafting functional molecules on the nanofibers will contribute to the production of diverse cell type-specific nanofiber substrata...
- Chemically-defined scaffolds created with electrospun synthetic nanofibers to maintain mouse embryonic stem cell culture under feeder-free conditionsLi Liu
Institute for Integrated Cell Material Sciences, WPI iCeMS, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Biotechnol Lett 34:1951-7. 2012..Furthermore, self-renewed ESCs differentiated into all three germ layers thereby providing a reliable way to expand mESCs without feeder cells...
- Deactivation of STAT6 through serine 707 phosphorylation by JNKTakashi Shirakawa
Institute for Integrated Cell Material Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:4003-10. 2011..Inactivation of STAT6 by JNK-dependent Ser-707 phosphorylation may be one mechanism of controlling the balance between IL-1β and IL-4 signals...
- Wrenchnolol derivative optimized for gene activation in cellsDongju Jung
Institute for Chemical Research and PRESTO JST, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 131:4774-82. 2009..This optimized derivative may serve as a starting point for designing biological tools or components of fully synthetic transcription factors that permit selective up-regulation of genes...