Affiliation: Kwansei Gakuin University
- Nakajima S, Urata T, Ogawa Y. Familiarization and cross-familiarization of wheel running and LiCl in conditioned taste aversion. Physiol Behav. 2006;88:1-11 pubmed..This US crossover effect suggests the possibility that wheel running and LiCl injection share a common or similar physiological mechanism in inducing taste aversion. ..
- ..Because kaolin intake has been regarded as a measure of nausea in rats, this finding suggests that swimming activity, as well as voluntary or forced running, induces nausea in rats. ..
- Nakajima S. Clay eating attenuates lithium-based taste aversion learning in rats: A remedial effect of kaolin on nausea. Physiol Behav. 2018;188:199-204 pubmed publisher..This finding is congruent with the contention that consumption of kaolin clay is not only a useful index of, but also an effective remedy for, drug-induced nausea in rats. ..
- Nakajima S. Running induces nausea in rats: Kaolin intake generated by voluntary and forced wheel running. Appetite. 2016;105:85-94 pubmed publisher..Because kaolin intake is regarded as a reliable measure of nausea in rats, these results show that wheel running, either voluntary or forced, induces nausea in rats. ..
- ..These results, when taken together, support the hypothesis that pica behavior generated by wheel running reflects nausea in rats...