Affiliation: Kurume University School of Medicine
- The effect of interaction between hepatitis C virus and cigarette smoking on the risk of hepatocellular carcinomaY Fujita
Department of Public Health, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Br J Cancer 94:737-9. 2006..The odds ratio of death from HCC for smoking was 9.60 (1.50-61.35) and 1.71(0.58-5.08) among anti-HCV positive and negative individuals, respectively...
- Liver cancer in atomic-bomb survivors: histological characteristics and relationships to radiation and hepatitis B and C virusesT Fukuhara
Department of Pathology, Hiroshima Prefectural Hospital, Japan
J Radiat Res (Tokyo) 42:117-30. 2001..Our findings suggest that HBV and HCV are involved in the pathogenesis of HCC with or without cirrhosis and are significantly less important in that of CC...
- Coffee and risk of death from hepatocellular carcinoma in a large cohort study in JapanY Kurozawa
Department of Social Medicine, Division of Health Administration and Promotion, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Nishimachi 86, Yonago 683 8503, Japan
Br J Cancer 93:607-10. 2005..50 (95% confidence interval 0.31-0.79), and the ratio for drinkers of less than one cup per day was 0.83 (95% confidence interval 0.54-1.25). Our data confirmed an inverse association between coffee consumption and HCC mortality...
- Liver cancer risk, coffee, and hepatitis C virus infection: a nested case-control study in JapanK Wakai
Department of Preventive Medicine Biostatistics and Medical Decision Making, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Br J Cancer 97:426-8. 2007..49 (0.25-0.96), 0.31 (0.11-0.85), and 0.75 (0.29-1.92) in all cases, in HCV-positive and in HCV-negative individuals, respectively...
- [Rotavirus infection--clinical symptoms and influence of climate]Y Fujita
Department of Pediatrics, Teikyo University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:1255-63. 1990..Three symptoms (DFV symptoms), including diarrhea (D), fever (F) and vomiting (V), were more frequently observed in RV-infected cases than in the cases with non rotaviral infection...
- Ribodemes of Blastocystis hominis isolated in JapanY Kaneda
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Japan
Am J Trop Med Hyg 65:393-6. 2001..However, we noted a possible relationship between ribodeme type and pathogenicity. The results suggest that ribodemes I, III, and VI may be responsible for gastrointestinal symptoms...
- Survey on occupational health management of VDT workers among 84 Japanese companiesS Horie
Department of Health Policy and Management, Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Yahatanishi-ku, Kitakyushu 807-8555, Japan
J UOEH 23:345-62. 2001....
- Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis in the north Hokkaido district of JapanT Fujikane
Department of Clinical Research, National Dohoku Hospital, Asahikawa, Japan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 8:39-44. 2004..The incidence of tuberculosis in Japan has fallen rapidly in the past 50 years, to 27.9 cases per 100,000 population in 2001...
- Genetic association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in endonuclease G-like 1 gene with type 2 diabetes in a Japanese populationM Moritani
Division of Genetic Information, Institute for Genome Research, The University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Diabetologia 50:1218-27. 2007..4 Mb region between D3S1293 and D3S2319 on chromosome 3p24.3-22.1, supported by linkage to type 2 diabetes and its related traits in Japanese and multiple populations...