Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Kumamoto University
- Haque F, Kaku Y, Fujimura S, Ohmori T, Adelstein R, Nishinakamura R. Non-muscle myosin II deletion in the developing kidney causes ureter-bladder misconnection and apical extrusion of the nephric duct lineage epithelia. Dev Biol. 2017;427:121-130 pubmed publisher..Thus, myosin II is essential for maintaining the apicobasal integrity of the developing kidney epithelia independently of Ret signaling. ..
- Taguchi A, Kaku Y, Ohmori T, Sharmin S, Ogawa M, Sasaki H, et al. Redefining the in vivo origin of metanephric nephron progenitors enables generation of complex kidney structures from pluripotent stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2014;14:53-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, by reevaluating the developmental origins of metanephric progenitors, we have provided key insights into kidney specification in vivo and taken important steps toward kidney organogenesis in vitro. ..
- Recuenco M, Ohmori T, Tanigawa S, Taguchi A, Fujimura S, Conti M, et al. Nonmuscle Myosin II Regulates the Morphogenesis of Metanephric Mesenchyme-Derived Immature Nephrons. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:1081-91 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that Myh9 deletion in mice results in failure to maintain renal tubules but not in glomerulosclerosis. ..
- Taguchi A, Nishinakamura R. Higher-Order Kidney Organogenesis from Pluripotent Stem Cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2017;21:730-746.e6 pubmed publisher..This selective induction and reassembly strategy will be a powerful approach to recapitulate organotypic architecture in PSC-derived organoids. ..
- Chiga M, Ohmori T, Ohba T, Katabuchi H, Nishinakamura R. Preformed Wolffian duct regulates MÃ¼llerian duct elongation independently of canonical Wnt signaling or Lhx1 expression. Int J Dev Biol. 2014;58:663-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Wolffian duct regulates MÃ¼llerian duct elongation by currently unidentified mechanisms that are independent of canonical Wnt signaling or Lhx1 expression. ..
- Nishinakamura R, Takasato M. Human development, heredity and evolution. Development. 2017;144:2099-2103 pubmed publisher..This Meeting Review provides a summary of this timely and exciting symposium, which has convinced us that we are moving into the era of science targeted on humans. ..