- Gene expression profiling following constitutive activation of MEK1 and transformation of rat intestinal epithelial cellsKoga Komatsu
Department of Gastroenterology, Honjo Daiichi General Hospital, Yurihonjo, Japan
Mol Cancer 5:63. 2006..To define the genetic changes that occur during this process, we used oligonucleotide microarrays to determine which genes are regulated following the constitutive activation of MEK in normal intestinal epithelial cells...
- Attenuation of gastric mucosal inflammation induced by aspirin through activation of A2A adenosine receptor in ratsMasaru Odashima
Department of Gastroenterology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita City 010 8543, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:568-73. 2006..To determine whether a specific adenosine A(2A) receptor agonist (ATL-146e) can ameliorate aspirin-induced gastric mucosal lesions in rats, and reduce neutrophil accumulation and production of pro-inflammatory cytokines...
- Selective A2A adenosine agonist ATL-146e attenuates acute lethal liver injury in miceMasaru Odashima
Department of Gastroenterology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1-1-1 Hondo, Akita, 010-8543, Japan
J Gastroenterol 40:526-9. 2005..CONCLUSION: The present findings suggest that the highly selective adenosine A2A receptor agonist (ATL-146e) prevents endotoxin-induced lethal liver injury by suppression of TNF-alpha secretion...
- Specific type IV phosphodiesterase inhibitor ameliorates thioacetamide-induced liver injury in ratsTamotsu Matsuhashi
Department of Gastroenterology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita City, Akita, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:135-40. 2005..These results suggest that specific type IV phosphodiesterase inhibitors, such as rolipram, have potent hepatoprotective effects that are associated with suppressing inflammatory cytokine production...
- Small intestinal follicular lymphoma with multiple tumor formations diagnosed by double-balloon enteroscopyKazuyoshi Higuchi
Department of Gastroenterology, Honjo Daiichi General Hospital, Yurihonjo, Akita
Intern Med 46:705-9. 2007..Double-balloon endoscopy is useful for evaluating tumor distribution of follicular lymphoma...
- Oncogenic potential of MEK1 in rat intestinal epithelial cells is mediated via cyclooxygenase-2Koga Komatsu
Department of Cell/Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Gastroenterology 129:577-90. 2005..Pharmacologic inhibition of COX-2 inhibited MEK-induced tumor growth in vivo through enhanced apoptosis. CONCLUSIONS: COX-2 and its bioactive lipid products may play an important role in MEK-induced transformation...
- Expression of HSP72 in the gastric mucosa is regulated by gastric acid in rats-correlation of HSP72 expression with mucosal protectionIsao Wada
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:611-8. 2006..Also, the association of gastric mucosal protective function against HCl-challenge was compared between HSP72-induced and -reduced group...
- Protective effect of a novel rice extract against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injury in ratTamotsu Matsuhashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita City, Akita, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 52:434-41. 2007....
- MEK activation suppresses CPT11-induced apoptosis in rat intestinal epithelial cells through a COX-2-dependent mechanismYouhei Horikawa
Department of Gastroenterology Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita, 010 8543, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 52:2757-65. 2007..MEK activation suppressed CPT-11-induced apoptosis in IEC-caMEK cells via a COX-2- dependent mechanism. Therefore, MEK-ERK signaling may contribute to the drug-resistant nature of cancer cells...