Affiliation: Kohnan Hospital
- Ogawa Y, Jokura H, Niizuma K, Tominaga T. Mid-term prognosis of non-functioning pituitary adenomas with high proliferative potential: really an aggressive variant?. J Neurooncol. 2018;137:543-549 pubmed publisher..Total removal and gamma knife radiosurgery can result in good outcome. However, the prognosis is extremely poor for patients inadequate for gamma knife radiosurgery. Development of new salvage treatments is essential. ..
- Ogawa Y, Niizuma K, Tominaga T. Fine morphological evaluation of hypothalamus in patients with hyperphagia. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2017;159:865-871 pubmed publisher..We report the first case of dynamic improvement from hyperphagia, with both symptomatic and neuro-radiological findings. ..
- Ogawa Y, Niizuma K, Mugikura S, Tominaga T. Ischemic pituitary adenoma apoplexy-Clinical appearance and prognosis after surgical intervention. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;148:142-6 pubmed publisher..Development of preoperative diagnostic technology to differentiate ischemic from hemorrhagic apoplexy is required to improve the low rate of agreement between the histological and MR imaging findings in patients with ischemic apoplexy. ..
- Ogawa Y, Tominaga T. Extended transsphenoidal approach for tuberculum sellae meningioma--what are the optimum and critical indications?. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2012;154:621-6 pubmed publisher..The tumors with lateral extension over the ICA have fewer chances of total removal. ICA-oriented simulation and surgical planning are important. ..
- Ogawa Y, Sugawara T, Seki H, Sakuma T. Central neurocytomas with MIB-1 labeling index over 10% showing rapid tumor growth and dissemination. J Neurooncol. 2006;79:211-6 pubmed..Surgical removal can be curative without postoperative therapy. However, malignant central neurocytoma refractory to even aggressive treatment is known...
- Ogawa Y, Tominaga T. A partially ossified solid and cystic Rathke cleft cyst. J Neurosurg. 2010;112:1324-6 pubmed publisher..An ossified Rathke cleft cyst is extremely rare, and a solid Rathke cleft cyst has not before been reported. This case illustrates the extremely long and complex nature of this disease...
- Ogawa Y, Tominaga T. Delayed cerebrospinal fluid leakage 10 years after transsphenoidal surgery and gamma knife surgery - case report - . Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2007;47:483-5 pubmed..Preservation of the arachnoid membrane and minimizing removal of the mucous membrane are essential, especially if postoperative irradiation is anticipated. ..
- Ogawa Y, Nakagawa A, Takayama K, Tominaga T. Pulsed laser-induced liquid jet for skull base tumor removal with vascular preservation through the transsphenoidal approach: a clinical investigation. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2011;153:823-30 pubmed publisher..To overcome these problems, we have developed a pulsed laser-induced liquid jet (LILJ) system to dissect tumor tissue with preservation of fine blood vessels within deep and narrow working spaces and evaluated its utility and safety...