Affiliation: Kochi University
- Target regulation of V2R expression and functional maturation in vomeronasal sensory neurons in vitroKazuyo Muramoto
Department of Physiology, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Nankoku, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 26:3382-94. 2007..These results demonstrate that AOB neurons induce the expression of vomeronasal receptors in VSNs, allowing them to function...
- A HIF-1alpha-related gene involved in cell protection from hypoxia by suppression of mitochondrial functionYoshihiko Kakinuma
Department of Cardiovascular Control, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Japan
FEBS Lett 582:332-40. 2008..These findings suggest that AI is involved in suppressing mitochondrial function, thereby leading to cellular stress eradication and consequently to protection during hypoxia...
- Differences in development and cellular composition between neuronal cultures of rat accessory and main olfactory bulbsKazuyo Muramoto
Department of Integrative Physiology, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Nankoku, 783 8505, Kochi, Japan
Anat Embryol (Berl) 209:129-36. 2004..These subtle differences in vitro may reflect in vivo differences between the AOB and MOB...
- Efferent vagal nerve stimulation protects heart against ischemia-induced arrhythmias by preserving connexin43 proteinMotonori Ando
Department of Cardiovascular Control, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
Circulation 112:164-70. 2005..Vagal nerve stimulation has been postulated to contribute to the antifibrillatory effect. Here, we suggest a novel mechanism for the antiarrhythmogenic properties of vagal stimulation during acute MI...
- Developmental changes of GABAergic synapses formed between primary cultured cortical neuronsMidori Kato-Negishi
Laboratory of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Basic Technique and Facilities, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, Tokyo Metropolitan Organization for Medical Research, 2 6 Musashi dai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8526, Japan
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 152:99-108. 2004..This system that we developed enabled us to investigate in detail the morphological and functional changes of GABAergic synapses during neuronal development...
- Maturation of vomeronasal receptor neurons in vitro by coculture with accessory olfactory bulb neuronsKeiko Moriya-Ito
Department of Basic Technics and Facilities, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, 2 6 Musashidai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8526, Japan
Chem Senses 30:111-9. 2005..Since the maturation of VRNs was not induced in one-well separate cultures, the nonspecific induction of OMP expression by CNS neurons suggests the involvement of a direct contact effect with CNS in VRN maturation...
- Modification of synapse formation of accessory olfactory bulb neurons by coculture with vomeronasal neuronsYuuki Ishimatsu
Laboratory of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Neuroscience Basic Technology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, 2-6 Musashidai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183-8526, Japan
Chem Senses 31:371-8. 2006..These observations suggest that synapse formation on the spines of AOB neurons is modified by physical contact with VN neurons...
- Localization of microtubule-associated protein (MAP) 1B in the postsynaptic densities of the rat cerebral cortexShin ichi Kawakami
School of Agricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chigusa, Nagoya, Japan
Cell Mol Neurobiol 23:887-94. 2003..5. Only some synapses exhibited MAP1B immunoreactivities. MAP1B-immunopositive synapses accounted for about half of the total synapses. 6. Such a localization suggests MAP1B's important roles in synaptic functions...
- Bicuculline induces synapse formation on primary cultured accessory olfactory bulb neuronsMidori Kato-Negishi
Laboratory of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Basic Technique and Facilities, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, Tokyo Metropolitan Organization for Medical Research, 2 6 Musashi dai Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8526, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 18:1343-52. 2003..Our established culture system of AOB neurons will aid in clarifying the mechanism of synapse formation between AOB neurons and the molecular mechanism of pheromonal memory formation...
- [Assay system for synapse formation between primary cultured neurons]Masahiro Kawahara
Department of Analytical Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University of Health and Welfare, Miyazaki, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 124:11-7. 2004..Other applications of the assay system are discussed here...
- Thyroid hormone enhances the formation of synapses between cultured neurons of rat cerebral cortexRitsuko Hosoda
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, 2 6 Musashidai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8526, Japan
Cell Mol Neurobiol 23:895-906. 2003..5. In conclusion, we established a useful in vitro assay system for screening of miscellaneous chemicals that might interfere with synapse formation in the developing CNS by disrupting the thyroid system...