Affiliation: Kobe University
- Sasayama T, Nishihara M, Kondoh T, Hosoda K, Kohmura E. MicroRNA-10b is overexpressed in malignant glioma and associated with tumor invasive factors, uPAR and RhoC. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1407-13 pubmed publisher..Finally, multifocal lesions on enhanced MRI of 7 malignant gliomas were associated with higher expression levels of miR-10b (p = 0.02). Our data indicated that miR-10b might play some role in the invasion of glioma cells. ..
- Sasayama T, Mizukawa K, Sakagami Y, Mizowaki T, Tanaka K, Ohbayashi C, et al. Glioblastoma multiforme associated with klinefelter syndrome. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2009;49:532-5 pubmed..The abnormal genetic constitution of this patient may have been directly responsible for the poor outcome. ..
- Sasayama T, Nakamizo S, Nishihara M, Kawamura A, Tanaka H, Mizukawa K, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid interleukin-10 is a potentially useful biomarker in immunocompetent primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL). Neuro Oncol. 2012;14:368-80 pubmed publisher..37; 95% confidence interval, 0.985-11.528; log-rank, P= .038). These results indicate that the CSF level of IL-10 may be a useful diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in patients with PCNSLs. ..
- Minami N, Tanaka K, Kimura H, Hirose T, Mori T, Maeyama M, et al. Radiographic occult cerebellar germinoma presenting with progressive ataxia and cranial nerve palsy. BMC Neurol. 2016;16:4 pubmed publisher..Biopsy of the tumor at an early stage is the only way to make the diagnosis conclusively and enable prompt start of treatment. ..
- Tanaka H, Sasayama T, Yamashita H, Hara Y, Hayashi S, Yamamoto Y, et al. Rapid tumor growth with glial differentiation of central neurocytoma after stereotactic radiosurgery. J Clin Neurosci. 2016;31:188-92 pubmed publisher..Our case suggests that malignant transition with aberrant angiogenesis and glial differentiation may be attributable to SRS. ..
- Kohta M, Sasayama T, Nakai T, Taniguchi M, Nagashima H, Tanaka K, et al. Cisterna magna meningiomas without dural attachment: Report of two cases. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2017;51:247-251 pubmed publisher..At a 7-year follow-up, no evidence of a recurrence was observed. It is quite difficult to preoperatively diagnose as a cisterna magna meningioma without dural attachment. However, complete removal of the tumor should be achieved. ..
- Nagashima H, Sasayama T, Tanaka K, Kyotani K, Sato N, Maeyama M, et al. Myo-inositol concentration in MR spectroscopy for differentiating high grade glioma from primary central nervous system lymphoma. J Neurooncol. 2018;136:317-326 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, noninvasive analysis of mIns using single-voxel MRS may be useful in distinguishing gliomas from other brain tumors, particularly PCNSLs. ..