Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Kobe Gakuin University
- Mizushina Y, Takeuchi T, Takakusagi Y, Sugawara F, Sakaguchi K, Yoshida H, et al. Inhibitory action of polyunsaturated fatty acids on Cdt1-geminin interaction. Int J Mol Med. 2008;21:281-90 pubmed..These results suggested that, at least in vitro, oleic acid-containing cell membranes of the lipid bilayer inhibit Cdt1-geminin complex formation by binding to Cdt1 and thereby liberating Cdt1 from inhibition by geminin. ..
- Mizushina Y. Specific inhibitors of mammalian DNA polymerase species. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1239-51 pubmed..These compounds might be useful not only as "molecular probes" for pol research, but also as biomedical and chemotherapeutic drugs for anti-cancer or anti-inflammation. ..
- Mizushina Y, Kamisuki S, Kasai N, Ishidoh T, Shimazaki N, Takemura M, et al. Petasiphenol: a DNA polymerase lambda inhibitor. Biochemistry. 2002;41:14463-71 pubmed..On the basis of these results, the pol lambda inhibitory mechanism of petasiphenol is discussed. ..
- Mizushina Y, Manita D, Takeuchi T, Sugawara F, Kumamoto Yonezawa Y, Matsui Y, et al. The inhibitory action of kohamaic acid A derivatives on mammalian DNA polymerase beta. Molecules. 2008;14:102-21 pubmed publisher..The relationship between the three-dimensional molecular structures of KA-A-related compounds and these inhibitory activities is discussed. ..
- Mizushina Y, Akihisa T, Ukiya M, Murakami C, Kuriyama I, Xu X, et al. A novel DNA topoisomerase inhibitor: dehydroebriconic acid, one of the lanostane-type triterpene acids from Poria cocos. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:354-60 pubmed..6 and 38.4 microM, respectively. The cells were halted at the G1 phase in the cell cycle. The relation between the structure of triterpene acids and their inhibitory activities is discussed. ..
- Mizushina Y, Kasai N, Miura K, Hanashima S, Takemura M, Yoshida H, et al. Structural relationship of lithocholic acid derivatives binding to the N-terminal 8-kDa domain of DNA polymerase beta. Biochemistry. 2004;43:10669-77 pubmed..From these results, the structure-function relationship among pol beta and its selective inhibitors was discussed. ..
- Mizushina Y, Murakami C, Yogi K, Ueda K, Ishidoh T, Takemura M, et al. Kohamaic acid A, a novel sesterterpenic acid, inhibits activities of DNA polymerases from deuterostomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1648:55-61 pubmed..beta. KA-A is an inhibitor of replicative DNA polymerases from the deuterostome species, and subsequently, the inhibition of the first cleavage of fertilized sea urchin eggs might occur as a result of the suppression of DNA replication. ..
- Mizushina Y, Takeuchi T, Hada T, Maeda N, Sugawara F, Yoshida H, et al. The inhibitory action of SQDG (sulfoquinovosyl diacylglycerol) from spinach on Cdt1-geminin interaction. Biochimie. 2008;90:947-56 pubmed publisher..These data could help to further understanding of the structure and function of Cdt1. In addition, SQDG could be a clue to developing more appropriate inhibitors of Cdt1-geminin interactions. ..
- Mizushina Y, Ishidoh T, Kamisuki S, Nakazawa S, Takemura M, Sugawara F, et al. Flavonoid glycoside: a new inhibitor of eukaryotic DNA polymerase alpha and a new carrier for inhibitor-affinity chromatography. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:480-7 pubmed..We then made a KAG-conjugated column such as the epoxy-activated Sepharose 6B. In the column, pol alpha was selectively adsorbed and eluted. ..
- Mizushina Y, Dairaku I, Yanaka N, Takeuchi T, Ishimaru C, Sugawara F, et al. Inhibitory action of polyunsaturated fatty acids on IMP dehydrogenase. Biochimie. 2007;89:581-90 pubmed..Based on these results, the IMPDH-inhibitory mechanism of fatty acids is discussed. ..