Affiliation: Kitasato University
- Usui T, Sakurai M, Umata K, Elbadawy M, Ohama T, Yamawaki H, et al. Hedgehog Signals Mediate Anti-Cancer Drug Resistance in Three-Dimensional Primary Colorectal Cancer Organoid Culture. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Hedgehog signals mediate anti-cancer drug resistance in colorectal tumor patient-derived ALI organoids and that the inhibitors are useful as a combinational therapeutic strategy against colorectal cancer. ..
- Kazama K, Okada M, Yamawaki H. Adipocytokine, omentin inhibits doxorubicin-induced H9c2 cardiomyoblasts apoptosis through the inhibition of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;457:602-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate omentin as an attractive pharmaco-therapeautic target against DOX-induced cardiac side effect. ..
- Kazama K, Okada M, Yamawaki H. A novel adipocytokine, omentin, inhibits monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension in rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;452:142-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we for the first time demonstrate that chronic omentin treatment inhibits MCT-induced PAH in rats via inhibiting vascular structural remodeling and abnormal contractile reactivity. ..
- Kameshima S, Okada M, Yamawaki H. Expression and localization of calmodulin-related proteins in brain, heart and kidney from spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:654-8 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that the increased HDAC4 in brain and increased eEF2K in LV might be at least in part related to the development of hypertension. ..
- Yamawaki H. Vascular effects of novel adipocytokines: focus on vascular contractility and inflammatory responses. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:307-10 pubmed..These novel adipocytokines may be important future targets for the development of drugs and therapy for treating metabolic vascular disorders. ..
- Kazama K, Okada M, Yamawaki H. A novel adipocytokine, omentin, inhibits platelet-derived growth factor-BB-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration through antioxidative mechanism. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;306:H1714-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that omentin may be protective against hypertension development by inhibiting vascular structural remodeling. ..
- Yamawaki H, Kameshima S, Usui T, Okada M, Hara Y. A novel adipocytokine, chemerin exerts anti-inflammatory roles in human vascular endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;423:152-7 pubmed publisher..The effect is mediated via inhibiting activation of NF-?B and p38 through stimulation of Akt/eNOS signaling and NO production. ..
- Yamawaki H, Takahashi M, Mukohda M, Morita T, Okada M, Hara Y. A novel adipocytokine, nesfatin-1 modulates peripheral arterial contractility and blood pressure in rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:676-81 pubmed publisher..The results are the first to demonstrate that nesfatin-1 modulates blood pressure through directly acting on peripheral arterial resistance. ..
- Yamawaki H, Kuramoto J, Kameshima S, Usui T, Okada M, Hara Y. Omentin, a novel adipocytokine inhibits TNF-induced vascular inflammation in human endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:339-43 pubmed publisher..Omentin inhibits COX-2 induction via preventing the JNK activation presumably through activation of AMPK/eNOS/NO pathways. ..
- Okamura Y, Otani K, Sekiguchi A, Kogane T, Kakuda C, Sakamoto Y, et al. Vasculo-protective effect of BMS-309403 is independent of its specific inhibition of fatty acid-binding protein 4. Pflugers Arch. 2017;469:1177-1188 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BMS-309403 would be useful for developing a new pharmacotherapeutic agent against obesity-associated hypertension and complications. ..
- Sakamoto Y, Kameshima S, Kakuda C, Okamura Y, Kodama T, Okada M, et al. Visceral adipose tissue-derived serine protease inhibitor prevents the development of monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension in rats. Pflugers Arch. 2017;469:1425-1432 pubmed publisher..In summary, we for the first time demonstrate that vaspin prevents MCT-induced PAH at least in part via inhibiting ROS/MMP-2/fibrosis pathway. ..