Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Kitasato University
- Characterization of meFucoidan as a selective inhibitor for secretory phospholipase A2-IIA and the phosphorylation of meFucoidan-binding proteins by A-kinase in vitroHiroko Maruyama
Laboratory of Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 31:714-8. 2008..These results presented here suggest that meFucoidan functions as a selective inhibitor for sPLA2-IIA and the A-kinase-mediated phosphorylation of cellular meFucoidan-binding functional basic proteins in vitro...
- Antitumor activity and immune response of Mekabu fucoidan extracted from Sporophyll of Undaria pinnatifidaHiroko Maruyama
Department of Pathology, School of Allied Health Sciences, Kitasato University, Kitasato 1 15 1, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
In Vivo 17:245-9. 2003..We showed that fucoidan, extracted from dietary seaweed, could inhibit tumor growth. However, the mechanism of Mekabu (Sporophyll of Undaria pinnatifida) fucoidan antitumor activity and how it enhances the immune response remains unknown...
- The suppressive effect of Mekabu fucoidan on an attachment of Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts to the intestinal epithelial cells in neonatal miceHiroko Maruyama
Department of Pathology, School of Allied Health Sciences, Kitasato University, Kitasato 1 15 1, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Life Sci 80:775-81. 2007..Finally, we concluded that fucoidan might inhibit cryptosporidiosis through the direct binding of fucoidan to the C. parvum-derived functional mediators in the intestinal epithelial cells in neonatal mice...
- The role of NK cells in antitumor activity of dietary fucoidan from Undaria pinnatifida sporophylls (Mekabu)Hiroko Maruyama
Department of Pathology, School of Allied Health Sciences, Kitasato University, Kitasato Kanagawa, Japan
Planta Med 72:1415-7. 2006..Thus, these findings suggested that Mekabu fucoidan mediates tumor destruction through Th1 cell and NK cell responses...
- Suppression of Th2 immune responses by mekabu fucoidan from Undaria pinnatifida sporophyllsHiroko Maruyama
Department of Pathology, School of Allied Health Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 137:289-94. 2005..In this study, we examined the effects of the fucoidan of mekabu on the type 2 T-helper (Th2) response in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) after ovalbumin (OVA) aerosol challenge...
- LRRK2 phosphorylates tubulin-associated tau but not the free molecule: LRRK2-mediated regulation of the tau-tubulin association and neurite outgrowthFumitaka Kawakami
Department of Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e30834. 2012....
- Suppression of collagen-induced arthritis by oral administration of the citrus flavonoid hesperidinKiichiro Kawaguchi
Medicinal Plant Garden, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Japan
Planta Med 72:477-9. 2006..In both cases, treatment with HES resulted in a significant suppression of clinical scores and improvement of histological features. These results suggest that oral administration of HES could be effective for treating human RA patients...
- IL-10 controls Th2-type cytokine production and eosinophil infiltration in a mouse model of allergic airway inflammationShinichiro Kosaka
Department of Microbiology, Kitasato University Allied Health Science, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Immunobiology 216:811-20. 2011..These immunosuppressive properties in animal models indicate that IL-10 could be a potential clinical therapy for the treatment of allergic inflammation...
- A citrus flavonoid hesperidin suppresses infection-induced endotoxin shock in miceKiichiro Kawaguchi
Medicinal Plant Garden, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kitasato University, Kanagawa, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:679-83. 2004..Pretreatment of LPS with HES suppressed the chromogenic Limulus reaction...
- Suppression of infection-induced endotoxin shock in mice by a citrus flavanone naringinKiichiro Kawaguchi
Medicinal Plant Garden, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kitasato University, Japan
Planta Med 70:17-22. 2004..Interestingly, treatment with naringin suppressed high levels of soluble CD14 and high mobility group-1 molecule caused by infection...
- Evidence of GATA-3-dependent Th2 commitment during the in vivo immune responseHidekazu Tamauchi
Department of Microbiology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, 228 8555 Kanagawa, Japan
Int Immunol 16:179-87. 2004....
- Apoptosis of intestinal crypt epithelium after Cryptosporidium parvum infectionTakeshi Sasahara
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
J Infect Chemother 9:278-81. 2003..parvum infection, and that epithelial apoptosis may have a significant role in the pathogenesis of cryptosporidiosis...
- Immunological characterization of superantigen-induced intrauterine fetal and newborn deathEriko Takei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kitasato 1 15 1, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Am J Reprod Immunol 54:232-9. 2005....
- Biochemical characterization of tau protein and its associated syndapin 1 and protein kinase Cepsilon for their functional regulation in rat brainKanzo Suzuki
Laboratory of Molecular Signal Biology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara 228 8555, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1790:188-97. 2009..We recently reported that both sulfatide and cholesterol-3-sulfate (SCS) function as potent stimulators for the GSK-3beta-mediated phosphorylation of tau protein (TP) in vitro [J. Biochem. 143 (2008) 359-367]...
- Stimulatory effect of α-synuclein on the tau-phosphorylation by GSK-3βFumitaka Kawakami
Department of Biochemistry, Kitasato University, Minami Ku, Sagamihara, Japan
FEBS J 278:4895-904. 2011..These results suggest that the cellular level of Hsp70 may be a novel therapeutic target to counteract α-SN-mediated tau phosphorylation in the initial stage of neurodegenerative disease...
- Tumor apoptosis in prostate cancer by PGD(2) and its metabolite 15d-PGJ(2) in murine modelMasaki Nakamura
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kanagawa, Japan
Biomed Pharmacother 67:66-71. 2013..Our results strongly suggested that the apoptosis induced in RM9-mPGDS in vivo was probably achieved in tumor environment such as hypoxic condition. The introduction of PGDS gene into cancer cells might be a novel therapy against cancer...
- Rapid and specific alterations of goblet cell mucin in rat airway and small intestine associated with resistance against Nippostrongylus brasiliensis reinfectionDaigo Tsubokawa
Department of Biochemistry, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Minami, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252 0373, Japan
Exp Parasitol 130:209-17. 2012....
- Does high mobility group 1 protein function as a late mediator for LPS- or TNF-induced shock in galactosamine-sensitized mice?Ryoichi Hasunuma
Department of Biosciences, School of Science, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Japan
J Endotoxin Res 8:391-8. 2002..Taken together with the late appearance of HMG-1 in moribund mice, these data suggest that HMG-1 does not decisively contribute to lethality in the GalN sensitization model...
- [Educational program in the Medical Science Course, Kitasato University School of Allied Health Sciences]Hidero Kitasato
Laboratory of Microbiology, Medical Science Course, Kitasato University School of Allied Health Sciences, Sagamihara
Rinsho Byori 56:606-11. 2008..This attempt is thought to result in a way of thinking that recognizes the importance of co-operation as a team member and personal contributions to actual team medical care...
- Potential link between amyloid beta-protein 42 and C-terminal fragment gamma 49-99 of beta-amyloid precursor proteinToru Sato
Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:24294-301. 2003..These results strongly suggest a link between the production of Abeta42 and CTFgamma 49-99 and provide an important insight into the mechanisms of altered gamma-cleavage caused by mtAPP and mtPS1/2...
- Potentiation of nuclear activator protein-1 DNA binding following brief exposure to N-methyl-D-aspartate in immature cultured rat hippocampal neuronsTakao Hirai
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Kanazawa University Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 0934, Japan
J Neurosci Res 67:523-32. 2002....