Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Kitasato University
- Kameda Y, Nishimaki T, Miura M, Jiang S, Guillemot F. Mash1 regulates the development of C cells in mouse thyroid glands. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:262-70 pubmed..Thus, in the mutant mice, the ultimobranchial body fails to complete its differentiation program and finally dies. These results indicate that Mash1 enhances survival of the C-cell progenitors by inhibiting apoptosis...
- Kameda Y, Nishimaki T, Chisaka O, Iseki S, Sucov H. Expression of the epithelial marker E-cadherin by thyroid C cells and their precursors during murine development. J Histochem Cytochem. 2007;55:1075-88 pubmed..These results indicated that murine thyroid C cells are derived from the endodermal epithelial cells of the fourth pharyngeal pouch and do not originate from neural crest cells. ..
- Kameda Y, Ito M, Nishimaki T, Gotoh N. FRS2alpha is required for the separation, migration, and survival of pharyngeal-endoderm derived organs including thyroid, ultimobranchial body, parathyroid, and thymus. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:503-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, the separation, migration, and survival of the pharyngeal organs were impaired in the FRS2alpha(2F/2F) mutants. ..
- Kameda Y, Saitoh T, Fujimura T. Hes1 regulates the number and anterior-posterior patterning of mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons at the mid/hindbrain boundary (isthmus). Dev Biol. 2011;358:91-101 pubmed publisher..Thus, the loss of Hes1 resulted in disturbances in the inductive and repulsive activities of the isthmic organizer. It is proposed that Hes1 plays a role in regulating the location and density of mesDA neurons. ..
- Kameda Y, Saitoh T, Nemoto N, Katoh T, Iseki S. Hes1 is required for the development of the superior cervical ganglion of sympathetic trunk and the carotid body. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1289-300 pubmed publisher..5% of the value in wild-types at E17.5-E18.5. These results suggest that Hes1 plays a critical role in regulating the development of neural crest derivatives in the mouse cervical region. ..