Affiliation: Kitasato University
- Does neuromuscular electrical stimulation strengthen the quadriceps femoris? A systematic review of randomised controlled trialsLeon Bax
Research Center for Medical Informatics, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Japan
Sports Med 35:191-212. 2005..Further research should be directed toward identifying the clinical impact at activity and participation levels and the optimal stimulation parameters of this modality...
- A systematic comparison of software dedicated to meta-analysis of causal studiesLeon Bax
BMC Med Res Methodol 7:40. 2007..Our objective was to systematically assess the differences in features, results, and usability of currently available meta-analysis programs...
- Polychotomization of continuous variables in regression models based on the overall C indexHarukazu Tsuruta
Department of Medical Informatics, School of Allied Health Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, 228 8555, Japan
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:41. 2006..g. body temperature, blood pressure). The goal of our study was to develop a theoretical and practical method for polychotomization...
- Development and validation of MIX: comprehensive free software for meta-analysis of causal research dataLeon Bax
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, UMC Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:50. 2006....
- Repeatability, reproducibility, and agreement characteristics of rotating Scheimpflug photography and scanning-slit corneal topography for corneal power measurementTakushi Kawamorita
Department of Orthoptics and Visual Science, Kitasato University School of Allied Health Sciences, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara 228 8555, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:127-33. 2009..To evaluate the repeatability, reproducibility, and agreement in anterior, posterior, and in particular the total corneal power of 2 topography devices, rotating Scheimpflug photography and scanning-slit topography...
- More than numbers: the power of graphs in meta-analysisLeon Bax
Kitasato Clinical Research Center, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Am J Epidemiol 169:249-55. 2009..Association between graph ratings and publication bias (censorship of studies) was poor. Meta-analysts should be selective in the graphs they choose for the exploration of their data...
- Uncertain effects of rosiglitazone on the risk for myocardial infarction and cardiovascular deathGeorge A Diamond
Cedars Sinai Medical Center and David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:578-81. 2007..We conclude that the risk for myocardial infarction and death from cardiovascular disease for diabetic patients taking rosiglitazone is uncertain: Neither increased nor decreased risk is established...