Affiliation: Kirin Brewery Co
- Isohumulones, bitter acids derived from hops, activate both peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha and gamma and reduce insulin resistanceHiroaki Yajima
Central Laboratories for Key Technology, Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:33456-62. 2004..1 and 6.4%, respectively, versus week 0). These results suggest that isohumulones can improve insulin sensitivity in high fat diet-fed mice with insulin resistance and in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Prevention of diet-induced obesity by dietary isomerized hop extract containing isohumulones, in rodentsH Yajima
Central Laboratories for Key Technology, Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, Kanagawa, Japan
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:991-7. 2005..Isomerized hop extract (IHE), which consists mainly of isohumulones and is required in the beer brewing process, was investigated for its effects on diet-induced obesity in two strains of mice...
- Identification of peroxisome-proliferator responsive element in the mouse HSL geneHiroaki Yajima
Central Laboratories for Frontier Technology, Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 352:526-31. 2007..These results indicate that the HSL gene is transcriptionally regulated by PPARgamma/RXRalpha heterodimer, and suggest that a cis-acting element regulates the HSL gene expression...
- Prevention of diet-induced obesity by dietary black tea polyphenols extract in vitro and in vivoSatoshi Uchiyama
Functional Food Business Project, Kirin Holdings Co, Ltd, Takasaki, Gunma, Japan
Nutrition 27:287-92. 2011..The effectiveness of oral administration of the BTPE was examined in in vitro and in vivo experiments...
- Isohumulones, the bitter component of beer, improve hyperglycemia and decrease body fat in Japanese subjects with prediabetesKuniaki Obara
Research and Development Laboratory, Kirin Beverage Company Ltd, Yokohama, Japan
Clin Nutr 28:278-84. 2009..This study was to investigate the efficacy and safety of isohumulones for subjects with prediabetes...
- Constituents from the leaves of Nelumbo nucifera stimulate lipolysis in the white adipose tissue of miceEmika Ohkoshi
Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, Central Laboratories for Frontier Technology, Kanagawa, Japan
Planta Med 73:1255-9. 2007..Our results indicate that the effects of NN in preventing diet-induced obesity appear to be due to various flavonoids and that the activation of beta-AR pathway was involved, at least in part...