Affiliation: Kirin Brewery Co
- A randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled crossover trial on the effects of L-ornithine on salivary cortisol and feelings of fatigue of flushers the morning after alcohol consumptionTakeshi Kokubo
Developmental Research Group, Functional Food Business Project, Kirin Holdings Company, Limited, 1 13 5 Fukuura Kanazawa ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Biopsychosoc Med 7:6. 2013..abstract:..
- Effects of taste solutions, carbonation, and cold stimulus on the power frequency content of swallowing submental surface electromyographyYutaka Miura
Central Laboratories for Frontier Technology, Kirin Holdings, Yokohama, Japan
Chem Senses 34:325-31. 2009..Cold stimulus significantly decreased the low-frequency content. In summary, this study reveals that taste, carbonation, and cold stimulus have qualitatively different influences on the power frequency content of swallowing sEMG...
- Dietary isohumulones, the bitter components of beer, raise plasma HDL-cholesterol levels and reduce liver cholesterol and triacylglycerol contents similar to PPARalpha activations in C57BL/6 miceYutaka Miura
Central Laboratories for Key Technology, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohamashi 236 0004, Japan
Br J Nutr 93:559-67. 2005..Taken together, these results suggest that the modulation of lipid metabolism observed in mice fed diets containing isohumulones is, at least in part, mediated by activation of PPARalpha...
- Production of the carotenoids lycopene, beta-carotene, and astaxanthin in the food yeast Candida utilisY Miura
Central Laboratories for Key Technology, Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, Kanagawa, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:1226-9. 1998..1, 0.4, and 0.4 mg per g (dry weight) of cells, respectively. This was considered to be a result of the carbon flow into ergosterol biosynthesis being partially redirected to the nonendogenous pathway for carotenoid production...
- Isohumulones modulate blood lipid status through the activation of PPAR alphaMasako Shimura
Central Laboratories for Key Technology, Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1736:51-60. 2005..Thus, our results strongly suggest that IHE intake upregulates the expression of key genes that are involved in hepatic fatty acid oxidation, and that it ameliorates the blood lipid profile by activating PPARalpha...
- Inhibitory effect of resveratrol on proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia and hyperlipidemia in nephritic ratsT Nihei
Department of Applied Biological Science, Tokyo Noko University, Fuchu, Japan
Life Sci 68:2845-52. 2001..From these results, resveratrol is suggested to be a potent anti-glomerulonephritic food factor capable of suppressing proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia and hyperlipidemia at the same time...
- Tea catechins prevent the development of atherosclerosis in apoprotein E-deficient miceY Miura
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1, Yada, Shizuoka, 422 8526, Japan
J Nutr 131:27-32. 2001..These results suggest that chronic ingestion of tea extract prevents the development of atherosclerosis without changing the plasma lipid level in apoE-deficient mice, probably through the potent antioxidative activity of the tea...
- Molecular cloning of Limulus alpha 2-macroglobulinD Iwaki
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Biochem 242:822-31. 1996....
- Characterization of immobilized hepatocytes as liver supportY Miura
Department of Biochemical Engineering, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Japan
Biomater Artif Cells Artif Organs 18:549-54. 1990..Therefore, it is suggested that immobilized hepatocytes could be applied to a hybrid artificial liver support...
- Reduced function of CD4+25+ regulatory T cell fraction in silicosis patientsP Wu
Department of Hygiene, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki, Okayama 701 0192, Japan
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 19:357-68. 2006....
- Cloning and characterization of an ATBF1 isoform that expresses in a neuronal differentiation-dependent mannerY Miura
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Biol Chem 270:26840-8. 1995..These results showed that ATBF1-A and ATBF1-B transcripts are generated by alternative promoter usage combined with alternative splicing and that the ATBF1-A-specific promoter is activated during neuronal differentiation...
- Activation of ATBF1, a multiple-homeodomain zinc-finger gene, during neuronal differentiation of murine embryonal carcinoma cellsA Ido
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dev Biol 163:184-7. 1994..These temporal patterns of ATBF1 expression in vivo and in vitro suggest that ATBF1 may play a role in neuronal differentiation...
- Intact Golgi synthesize complex branched O-linked chains on glycoside primers: evidence for the functional continuity of seven glycosyltransferases and three sugar nucleotide transportersS Kim
Korea Basic Science Institute, Taejon 305-333, South Korea
Glycoconj J 18:623-33. 2001..Glycosylation of artificial acceptors could be used to track the functional continuity or co-localization of multiple glycosyltransferases and transporters under conditions where Golgi morphology disintegrates and/or reappears...
- Indications for curative resection of advanced gallbladder cancer with hepatoduodenal ligament invasionI Endo
Second Department of Surgery, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3-9 Fukuura, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama 236-0004, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 8:505-10. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Aggressive surgical resection for curative purposes should be limited to patients with low-grade HLI and metastasis-negative paraaortic lymph nodes...
- Evidence for a role of p38 MAP kinase in expression of alkaline phosphatase during osteoblastic cell differentiationA Suzuki
Division of Bone Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Bone 30:91-8. 2002..JNK is also probably involved in the regulation of osteoblastic cell differentiation, but its precise role requires further investigation...
- G(s) signaling is intact after disruption of lipid raftsY Miura
Metabolic Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 40:15418-23. 2001....
- Tec protein-tyrosine kinase is an effector molecule of Lyn protein-tyrosine kinaseH Mano
Department of Molecular Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi ken, Japan
FASEB J 10:637-42. 1996..From this evidence we conclude that Tec acts downstream of Lyn in intracellular signaling pathways. This is a novel case where one PTK is phosphorylated and regulated by another...
- Autoimmune-mediated vasculopathyW Chen
Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Clin Immunol 100:57-70. 2001..The results of these studies suggest that CsA-induced autoreactive mechanisms can contribute to the development of graft vasculopathy...
- Regulation of aquaporin-4 expression in astrocytesK Yoneda
Department of Bioregulation Research, Nagoya City University Medical School, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya 467-8601, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 89:94-102. 2001..These results suggest that AQP4 expression may be induced not only at the initiation of astrocytic differentiation of neural stem cells, but also at the G0/G1-phase during the cell cycle of astrocytes...
- Molecular cloning of a human RP105 homologue and chromosomal localization of the mouse and human RP105 genes (Ly64 and LY64)Y Miura
Department of Immunology, Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Saga, 849, Japan
Genomics 38:299-304. 1996..The human LY64 locus was localized to 5q12 by fluorescence in situ hybridization, confirming the syntenic relationship between these regions of the mouse and human chromosomes...
- Identification of mammalian TOM22 as a subunit of the preprotein translocase of the mitochondrial outer membraneK Saeki
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, 2432 3, Aikawa machi, Kurume 839 0861, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:31996-2002. 2000..Taken together, these results demonstrate that 1C9-2 is a functional homologue of fungal Tom22 and functions as a component of the TOM complex...
- The mouse ZFH-4 protein contains four homeodomains and twenty-two zinc fingersN Sakata
Department of Biochemistry, Showa Pharmaceutical University, Machida, Tokyo, 194 8543, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 273:686-93. 2000..Other comparative analysis suggests functional similarities and dissimilarities between ZFH-4 and ATBF1...
- Genetically determined aberrant down-regulation of FcgammaRIIB1 in germinal center B cells associated with hyper-IgG and IgG autoantibodies in murine systemic lupus erythematosusY Jiang
Department of Pathology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Int Immunol 11:1685-91. 1999....
- Developmental changes in expression of the ATBF1 transcription factor geneM Watanabe
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 42:344-9. 1996..These results illustrate significant regional differences in the ATBF1 expression and suggest a role of the ATBF1 gene in the formation of some specific cell populations in developing central nervous system...
- Tec and Jak2 kinases cooperate to mediate cytokine-driven activation of c-fos transcriptionY Yamashita
Department of Molecular Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Blood 91:1496-507. 1998..Thus, Tec and Jak2 can "cross-talk" in a complexed way to mediate cytokine-driven c-fos activation...
- Molecular cloning and primary structure of rat thyroxine-binding globulinS Imamura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Biochemistry 30:5406-11. 1991..Northern blot analysis of rat liver revealed an approximately 1.8-kilobase TBG mRNA. Its amount increased markedly following thyroidectomy and decreased with thyroxine treatment in a dose-dependent manner...