Affiliation: Keio University
- How does interoceptive awareness interact with the subjective experience of emotion? An fMRI studyYuri Terasawa
Department of Psychology, Keio University, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Brain Mapp 34:598-612. 2013..Thus, awareness of one's own emotional state appears to involve the integration of interoceptive information with an interpretation of the current situation...
- The reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Levels of Emotional Awareness Scale (LEAS-J)Tetsuya Igarashi
Department of Psychosomatic Research, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa higashi Kodaira City, Tokyo, 187 8553, Japan
Biopsychosoc Med 5:2. 2011..abstract:..
- Anterior insular cortex mediates bodily sensibility and social anxietyYuri Terasawa
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Department of Psychophysiology, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa Higashi cho, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 8:259-66. 2013..Our findings suggest that attention to interoceptive sensation affects personality traits through how we feel emotion subjectively in various situations...
- Altered brain activity for phonological manipulation in dyslexic Japanese childrenYosuke Kita
1 Department of Developmental Disorders, National Institute of Mental Health, National Centre of Neurology and Psychiatry NCNP, Tokyo, Japan
Brain 136:3696-708. 2013..These are initial findings concerning the neurobiological impairments in dyslexic Japanese children. ..
- Deficits in prospective memory following damage to the prefrontal cortexSatoshi Umeda
Department of Psychology, Centre for Advanced Research on Logic and Sensibility CARLS, Keio University, 2 15 45 Mita, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8345, Japan
Neuropsychologia 49:2178-84. 2011..These data contribute to our understanding of the neural substrates and functional characteristics of the PMC...
- Association between interoception and empathy: evidence from heartbeat-evoked brain potentialHirokata Fukushima
Department of Psychology, Keio University, 2 15 45 Mita, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8345, Japan
Int J Psychophysiol 79:259-65. 2011..These results suggest that afferent feedback from visceral activity may contribute to inferences about the affective state of others...
- Sleep debt elicits negative emotional reaction through diminished amygdala-anterior cingulate functional connectivityYuki Motomura
Department of Psychophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa Higashi, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e56578. 2013..This study investigated changes in emotional responses that are elicited by the simulation of short-term sleep loss and the brain regions responsible for these changes...