Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Keio University
- Direct reprogramming of fibroblasts into functional cardiomyocytes by defined factorsMasaki Ieda
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Cell 142:375-86. 2010..Reprogramming of endogenous or explanted fibroblasts might provide a source of cardiomyocytes for regenerative approaches...
- Cardiac fibroblasts regulate myocardial proliferation through beta1 integrin signalingMasaki Ieda
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, 94158, USA
Dev Cell 16:233-44. 2009..These findings reveal a previously unrecognized paracrine function of embryonic cardiac fibroblasts in regulating cardiomyocyte proliferation...
- Intramolecular control of protein stability, subnuclear compartmentalization, and coactivator function of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1alphaMotoaki Sano
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, Keio University School of Medicine, and Department of Rheumatology and Allergy, Research Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:25970-80. 2007..We concluded that PGC-1alpha function is critically regulated at multiple steps via intramolecular cooperation among several distinct structural domains of the protein...
- Norepinephrine-induced nerve growth factor depletion causes cardiac sympathetic denervation in severe heart failureKensuke Kimura
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Auton Neurosci 156:27-35. 2010....
- Cardiac repair with thymosin β4 and cardiac reprogramming factorsDeepak Srivastava
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1270:66-72. 2012..These findings suggest that thymosin β4 and cardiac reprogramming technology may synergistically limit damage to the heart and promote cardiac regeneration through the stimulation of endogenous cells within the heart...