- Matrix metalloproteinase and alphavbeta3 integrin-dependent vascular smooth muscle cell invasion through a type I collagen latticeS Kanda
Department of Geriatrics, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:998-1005. 2000..A proteolytic process is required for SMC invasion, and the degradation of matrix proteins alters the relationship between matrix protein molecules and SMC surface integrins...
- Induction of apoptotic cell death in vascular endothelial cells cultured in three-dimensional collagen latticeM Kuzuya
Department of Geriatrics, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
Exp Cell Res 248:498-508. 1999..MMP derived from BAECs seems to play a key role in the release of cryptic ligands for alphavbeta3 integrin from intact collagen...
- Rho-Rho kinase is involved in smooth muscle cell migration through myosin light chain phosphorylation-dependent and independent pathwaysS Ai
Department of Geriatrics, Nagoya Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma-cho, Showa-ku, 466-8550, Nagoya, Japan
Atherosclerosis 155:321-7. 2001..Whereas PDGF-mediated SMC migration is independent of increased MLC phosphorylation and other target molecules downstream of Rho-Rho kinase seem to be involved...
- VEGF protects against oxidized LDL toxicity to endothelial cells by an intracellular glutathione-dependent mechanism through the KDR receptorM Kuzuya
Department of Geriatrics, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:765-70. 2001..An anti-KDR antibody completely blocked these beneficial activities of VEGF. These results suggest that VEGF prevents Ox-LDL-induced endothelial cell damage via an intracellular GSH-dependent mechanism through the KDR/Flk-1 receptor...
- Glycation cross-links inhibit matrix metalloproteinase-2 activation in vascular smooth muscle cells cultured on collagen latticeM Kuzuya
Department of Geriatrics, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Japan
Diabetologia 44:433-6. 2001....