Affiliation: Kanazawa Medical University
- Tanaka T, Kohno H, Tsukio Y, Honjo S, Tanino M, Miyake M, et al. Citrus limonoids obacunone and limonin inhibit azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis in rats. Biofactors. 2000;13:213-8 pubmed..Thus, citrus bitter limonoids obacunone and limonin possess chemopreventive effects on chemically induced rat colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Tanaka T, Yasui Y, Ishigamori Suzuki R, Oyama T. Citrus compounds inhibit inflammation- and obesity-related colon carcinogenesis in mice. Nutr Cancer. 2008;60 Suppl 1:70-80 pubmed publisher..1% CUSM, and 59% inhibition by 0.5% CUSM. CUSM treatment also decreased serum level of triglycerides. Our findings suggest that certain citrus materials are capable of inhibiting clitis- and obesity-related colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Shimizu M, Yasuda Y, Sakai H, Kubota M, Terakura D, Baba A, et al. Pitavastatin suppresses diethylnitrosamine-induced liver preneoplasms in male C57BL/KsJ-db/db obese mice. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:281 pubmed publisher..Pitavastatin is effective in inhibiting the early phase of obesity-related liver tumorigenesis and, therefore, may be useful in the chemoprevention of liver cancer in obese individuals. ..
- Suzuki R, Miyamoto S, Yasui Y, Sugie S, Tanaka T. Global gene expression analysis of the mouse colonic mucosa treated with azoxymethane and dextran sodium sulfate. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:84 pubmed....
- Tanaka T, Shimizu M, Kohno H, Yoshitani S, Tsukio Y, Murakami A, et al. Chemoprevention of azoxymethane-induced rat aberrant crypt foci by dietary zerumbone isolated from Zingiber zerumbet. Life Sci. 2001;69:1935-45 pubmed....