Affiliation: Kanazawa University
- A new PCR-based assay amplifies the E6-E7 genes of most mucosal human papillomaviruses (HPV)T Sasagawa
School of Health Sciences, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Virus Res 67:127-39. 2000..LCR-E7 PCR may be useful for determining the biological activity of detected HPV types, since this method amplifies the entire E6 gene...
- Immunoglobulin-A and -G responses against virus-like particles (VLP) of human papillomavirus type 16 in women with cervical cancer and cervical intra-epithelial lesionsT Sasagawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kanazawa University, School of Medicine, Ishikawa, Japan
Int J Cancer 75:529-35. 1998..This serological assay using HPV-16 VLP may therefore be useful as a new diagnostic tool supplementing cervical cytological tests...
- A human papillomavirus type 16 vaccine by oral delivery of L1 proteinToshiyuki Sasagawa
Health Science, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, 5 11 80 Kodatsuno, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 0942, Japan
Virus Res 110:81-90. 2005..This freeze-dried yeast system may be useful as an oral delivery of HPV 16 L1 protein...
- Overexpression of latent transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) binding protein 1 (LTBP-1) in association with TGF-beta 1 in ovarian carcinomaT Higashi
Department of Hygiene, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 92:506-15. 2001..Taken together, the results suggest that upregulation of LTBP-1 in ovarian carcinoma cells may have an important role in distributing TGF-beta1 in the stromal tissues surrounding carcinoma cells...
- High-risk and multiple human papillomavirus infections associated with cervical abnormalities in Japanese womenT Sasagawa
School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:45-52. 2001..HPV typing and detection of multiple HPV infections in clinical samples may be useful as surrogate markers for cervical cell abnormalities...
- The evaluation of human papillomavirus DNA testing in primary screening for cervical lesions in a large Japanese populationM Inoue
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 8640, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1007-13. 2006..However, most importantly, HPV DNA testing in combination with cytology significantly improved the efficacy to CIN screening...
- Hybrid capture-II and LCR-E7 PCR assays for HPV typing in cervical cytologic samplesH Yamazaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Turuga Municipal Hospital, Turuga, Japan
Int J Cancer 94:222-7. 2001..Thus, we propose that both HCA-II and LCR-E7 PCR are valuable screening tests for premalignant and malignant cervical lesions...
- Alteration of beta-catenin expression in esophageal squamous-cell carcinomaI Ninomiya
Department of Surgery II, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Int J Cancer 85:757-61. 2000..Furthermore, it is suggested that beta-catenin over-expression is not caused by genetic alteration of either the beta-catenin or the APC gene...
- Clinicopathological significance of fragile histidine triad transcription protein expression in endometrial carcinomasT Segawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 6:2341-8. 2000....
- Reduction in the local expression of complement component 6 (C6) and 7 (C7) mRNAs in oesophageal carcinomaR Oka
Department of Hygiene, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, 13 1 Takara machi, 920 8640, Kanazawa, Japan
Eur J Cancer 37:1158-65. 2001..Our findings suggest a possible relationship between oesophageal tumorigenesis and reduced expression of C6 and C7 mRNAs, which is probably caused by a change in gene expression regulation and not by genetic loss of the locus...
- Characterization of adriamycin-induced G2 arrest and its abrogation by caffeine in FL-amnion cells with or without p53Y Minemoto
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Japan
Exp Cell Res 262:37-48. 2001..These results suggest that p53 and p21 do not have special roles in the S- and G2-phase checkpoints and that CDK2:cyclin A could be the target of the G2-phase DNA damage checkpoint...
- Enhanced immunogenicity of human papillomavirus 16 L1 genetic vaccines fused to an ER-targeting secretory signal peptide and RANTESS J Kim
Comprehensive Gynecologic Cancer Center, Pundang CHA General Hospital, Sungnam, Kyonggi Do, South Korea
Gene Ther 10:1268-73. 2003..These results suggest that the immunogenicity of HPV L1 DNA vaccines could be enhanced by genetic fusion to a chemokine and secretory signal peptide sequences...
- Sexual behaviour and high risk human papillomavirus infections in Japanese womenT Sasagawa
Sex Transm Infect 81:280-2. 2005