Affiliation: Kanazawa University
- Cell type specific infection of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) in EBV-associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis and chronic active EBV infectionYoshihito Kasahara
Department of Pediatrics, Angiogenesis and Vascular Development, Graduate School of Medical Science, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 8641, Japan
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 44:283-94. 2002....
- Differential cellular targets of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection between acute EBV-associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis and chronic active EBV infectionY Kasahara
Department of Pediatrics, Angiogenesis and Vascular Development, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Blood 98:1882-8. 2001....
- Anti-angiogenic therapy and radioimmunotherapy in colon cancer xenograftsS Kinuya
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Ishikawa, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med 28:1306-12. 2001..Anti-angiogenic therapy may prolong the dormancy of microscopic metastases while RIT may exterminate this population of cells. Therefore, the combined treatment may improve the therapeutic outcome of patients with disseminated cancer...
- Clonotypic analysis of T cell reconstitution after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in patients with severe combined immunodeficiencyH Okamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 148:450-60. 2007..These results indicate that early expansion of TCR diversity may reflect transient expansion of pre-existing mature T cells from the donor blood, independent of de novo T cell maturation through the thymus...
- Tubular injury as a cardinal pathologic feature in human heme oxygenase-1 deficiencyK Ohta
Department of Pediatrics and Division of Blood Purification, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 35:863-70. 2000..This is the first report to show that HO-1 has critical roles in vivo in protecting renal tubuli, in addition to vascular endothelium, from oxidative injury...
- Selective expansion of CD16highCCR2- subpopulation of circulating monocytes with preferential production of haem oxygenase (HO)-1 in response to acute inflammationK Mizuno
Department of Pediatrics, Angiogenesis and Vascular Development, Graduate School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 142:461-70. 2005..More importantly, they may represent a monocyte subpopulation with a unique functional role to regulate inflammation by producing HO-1 in steady state in vivo...
- Oligoclonal expansion of circulating and tissue-infiltrating CD8+ T cells with killer/effector phenotypes in juvenile dermatomyositis syndromeK Mizuno
Department of Paediatrics, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kanazawa, Kanazawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 137:187-94. 2004....
- Analysis of MPO-ANCA subtypes in a patient with propylthiouracil-induced vasculitis with multiple complicationsK Ohta
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Nephrol 68:315-21. 2007..We report a 16 year-old girl with propylthiouracil (PTU)-induced antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-positive glomerulonephritis combined with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) and antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- Cytoprotective role of heme oxygenase (HO)-1 in human kidney with various renal diseasesK Morimoto
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, 13-1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-8641, Japan
Kidney Int 60:1858-66. 2001..It is suggested that renal tubular epithelia are more susceptible to oxidative stress due to the lack of this critical enzyme in HO-1 deficiency...
- Structural evidence of genomic exon-deletion mediated by Alu-Alu recombination in a human case with heme oxygenase-1 deficiencyY Saikawa
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
Hum Mutat 16:178-9. 2000..This study presents the initial characterization of the HO-1 gene defect causing a human case of HO-1 deficiency and provides the molecular basis for understanding this genetic disease...
- Characterization of immune function and analysis of RAG gene mutations in Omenn syndrome and related disordersT Wada
Department of Paediatrics, Kanazawa University, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 119:148-55. 2000..Variations of Omenn syndrome, or related disorders, may represent a different type of immunodeficiency, distinct from abnormalities in lymphoid-specific recombinase activity...
- Increasing prevalence of ampicillin- resistant, non-beta-lactamase-producing strains of Haemophilus influenzae in children in JapanH Seki
Department of Nursing, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Chemotherapy 45:15-21. 1999..influenzae isolates in this study. Results indicate that BLNAR strains have emerged among children with respiratory tract infections in Japan...
- Immunoblot analysis of cellular expression of Bcl-2 family proteins, Bcl-2, Bax, Bcl-X and Mcl-1, in human peripheral blood and lymphoid tissuesK Ohta
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Int Immunol 7:1817-25. 1995..The results support the notion that a balance of expression of Bcl-2 family proteins may regulate the life and death of hematolymphoid cells at different stages of cell differentiation and activation...
- Treatment with low-dose angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) plus angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) in pediatric patients with IgA nephropathyY Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Nephrol 64:35-40. 2005....
- Oxidative stress causes enhanced endothelial cell injury in human heme oxygenase-1 deficiencyA Yachie
Department of Laboratory Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Kanazawa University, Japan
J Clin Invest 103:129-35. 1999..This study presents not only the first human case of HO-1 deficiency but may also provide clues to the key roles played by this important enzyme in vivo...
- Methylxanthine sensitization of human colon cancer cells to 186Re-labeled monoclonal antibodyS Kinuya
Departments of Nuclear Medicine and Pediatrics, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
J Nucl Med 42:596-600. 2001..8% +/- 8.12%) or 2 mmol/L CAF (26.9% +/- 6.21%). CONCLUSION: Cellular modulation of the cell cycle with PTX and CAF radiosensitized LS180 colon cancer cells exposed to 186Re radiation...
- [Survey of vaccination for physically-handicapped and epileptic children]M Sakakibara
Department of Pediatrics, Ishikawa Seishi Gakuen Hospital, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
No To Hattatsu 33:21-6. 2001..Although a half of our patients had epilepsy, they were safely vaccinated with few side effects...
- Skin infiltration of CD56(bright) CD16(-) natural killer cells in a case of X-SCID with Omenn syndrome-like manifestationsFumie Shibata
Department of Pediatrics, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
Eur J Haematol 79:81-5. 2007..This may be the first human case to demonstrate that close cell-to-cell contact between DC and NK cells provides an effective alternative pathway for NK cell differentiation/activation in vivo...
- Rituximab therapy for Epstein-Barr virus-related chronic hepatitis following living donor kidney transplantationKazuhide Ohta
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa 920 8641, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 48:986-9. 2006..The present case illustrates the significance of early diagnosis, monitoring of viral load, and vigorous management of EBV-related disorders associated with organ transplantation...
- Oligoclonal expansion of T lymphocytes with multiple second-site mutations leads to Omenn syndrome in a patient with RAG1-deficient severe combined immunodeficiencyTaizo Wada
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Blood 106:2099-101. 2005..These findings suggest that his revertant T-cell mosaicism is responsible for OS phenotype switched from T-B- SCID...
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated T-/natural killer cell lymphoproliferative diseasesAkihiro Yachie
Department of Laboratory Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Semin Hematol 40:124-32. 2003..Target cell specificity, defects in host immune responses, and strain differences of EBV may account for ectopic EBV infections and for the unique clinical presentations characteristic of each illness...
- Heme oxygenase-1 production by peripheral blood monocytes during acute inflammatory illnesses of childrenAkihiro Yachie
Department of Laboratory Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa 920 0942, Japan
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 228:550-6. 2003....
- Detection of T lymphocytes with a second-site mutation in skin lesions of atypical X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency mimicking Omenn syndromeTaizo Wada
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Japan
Blood 112:1872-5. 2008..These findings suggest that the clinical spectrum of XSCID is quite broad and includes atypical cases mimicking Omenn syndrome, and highlight the importance of revertant mosaicism as a possible cause for variable phenotypic expression...
- [Diversity of virus-infected cells in EB-virus related diseases]Yoshihito Kasahara
Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi 26:54-65. 2003
- Identification of DKC1 gene mutations in Japanese patients with X-linked dyskeratosis congenitaHirokazu Kanegane
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Br J Haematol 129:432-4. 2005..Such genetic analysis is useful for the definite diagnosis and genetic counselling of patients...
- [Role of T cells in the pathogenesis of type I diabetes mellitus: structure analysis of complementarity determining region 3 of circulating T cells]Masahiro Sakumai
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Kanazawa Medical University Hospital, Kahoku gun, Ishikawa 920 0293
Rinsho Byori 55:112-9. 2007..Reductions of CDR3 sizes were frequently seen among CD8+ T cells from patients whose onset was within 10 years. These results suggested that selective expansion of CD8+ T cell clones play roles in the pathogenesis of type 1 DM...
- Somatic revertant mosaicism in a patient with leukocyte adhesion deficiency type 1Yumi Tone
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Japan
Blood 109:1182-4. 2007..These findings suggest that spontaneous in vivo reversion was responsible for the somatic mosaicism in our patient...
- Selective protection of renal tubular epithelial cells by heme oxygenase (HO)-1 during stress-induced injuryYonghong Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Kidney Int 64:1302-9. 2003..These facts suggest that the renal tubuli are dependent on intrinsic HO-1 production for their survival under oxidative stresses...
- Diagnostic value of serum EBV-DNA quantification and antibody to viral capsid antigen in nasopharyngeal carcinoma patientsSatoru Kondo
Division of Otolaryngology, Graduate School of Medicine, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:508-13. 2004..ROC analysis again revealed a higher diagnostic value of EBV-DNA than EBV-VCA. These results suggest EBV-DNA is a more reliable tumor marker than EBV-VCA in both high-incidence and low-incidence areas of NPC...
- Paradoxical enhancement of oxidative cell injury by overexpression of heme oxygenase-1 in an anchorage-dependent cell ECV304Keiko Maruhashi
Department of Pediatrics, Angiogenesis and Vascular Development, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
J Cell Biochem 93:552-62. 2004..However, HO-1 reduces the oxidative cell injury and protects the endothelial cells, if its expression is appropriately controlled...
- Granulysin in human serum as a marker of cell-mediated immunityKazuyuki Ogawa
R and D Center, BML, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
Eur J Immunol 33:1925-33. 2003....