Affiliation: Kanazawa University
- Fukami T, Yokoi T. The emerging role of human esterases. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2012;27:466-77 pubmed..Further esterase studies should be conducted to promote our understanding in clinical pharmacotherapy and drug development. ..
- Muta K, Fukami T, Nakajima M, Yokoi T. N-Glycosylation during translation is essential for human arylacetamide deacetylase enzyme activity. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;87:352-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study found that the translational, but not post-translational, N-glycosylation of AADAC plays a crucial role in regulating AADAC enzyme activity. ..
- Fukami T, Iida A, Konishi K, Nakajima M. Human arylacetamide deacetylase hydrolyzes ketoconazole to trigger hepatocellular toxicity. Biochem Pharmacol. 2016;116:153-61 pubmed publisher..Cytotoxicity of KC in human primary hepatocytes was attenuated by diisopropylfluorophosphate, an AADAC inhibitor. In conclusion, the present study demonstrated that human AADAC hydrolyzes KC to trigger hepatocellular toxicity. ..
- Yoshida T, Fukami T, Kurokawa T, Gotoh S, Oda A, Nakajima M. Difference in substrate specificity of carboxylesterase and arylacetamide deacetylase between dogs and humans. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2018;111:167-176 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study could provide new finding to facilitate our understanding of species differences in drug hydrolysis, which can facilitate drug development and drug safety evaluation. ..
- Ito Y, Fukami T, Yokoi T, Nakajima M. An orphan esterase ABHD10 modulates probenecid acyl glucuronidation in human liver. Drug Metab Dispos. 2014;42:2109-16 pubmed publisher..The balance of activities by these enzymes is important for the formation of PRAG, which may be associated with the adverse reactions observed after probenecid administration. ..
- Konishi K, Fukami T, Gotoh S, Nakajima M. Identification of enzymes responsible for nitrazepam metabolism and toxicity in human. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;140:150-160 pubmed publisher..In sum, we found that AOX1, NAT2, AADAC, and CYP3A4 are the determinants for the pharmacokinetics of NZP and that they confer interindividual variability in sensitivity to NZP side effects. ..