Genomes and Genes
- Dissecting the role of Rho-mediated signaling in contractile ring formationKeiju Kamijo
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4256, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:43-55. 2006..Our study provides strong evidence for the requirement of Rho-mediated signaling in contractile ring formation...
- Requirement of hCenexin for proper mitotic functions of polo-like kinase 1 at the centrosomesNak Kyun Soung
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:8316-35. 2006..Our results further suggest that the anti-Odf2 immunoreactive centrosomal antigen previously detected in non-germ line cells is likely hCenexin1...
- MgcRacGAP regulates cortical activity through RhoA during cytokinesisJae Seon Lee
Molecular Tumor Biology Section, Basic Research Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Exp Cell Res 293:275-82. 2004..We propose that MgcRacGAP plays a pivotal role in cytokinesis by regulating cortical movement through RhoA...
- Novel kelch-like protein, KLEIP, is involved in actin assembly at cell-cell contact sites of Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsTakahiko Hara
Molecular Tumor Biology Section, Basic Research Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892 4255, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:1172-84. 2004..We propose that KLEIP is involved in Rac1-induced actin organization during cell-cell contact in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells...
- Deregulation and mislocalization of the cytokinesis regulator ECT2 activate the Rho signaling pathways leading to malignant transformationShin ichi Saito
Molecular Tumor Biology Section, Basic Research Laboratory, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7169-79. 2004..Therefore, the mislocalization of structurally altered ECT2 might cause the untimely activation of cytoplasmic Rho GTPases leading to the malignant transformation...
- A spindle checkpoint arrest and a cytokinesis failure by the dominant-negative polo-box domain of Plk1 in U-2 OS cellsYeon Sun Seong
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4258, USA
J Biol Chem 277:32282-93. 2002..We propose that, in mammalian cells, the polo-box-dependent Plk1 activity is required for proper metaphase/anaphase transition and for cytokinesis...
- Wnt-3a-dependent cell motility involves RhoA activation and is specifically regulated by dishevelled-2Yoshimi Endo
Laboratories of Cellular and Molecular Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 280:777-86. 2005..Specific knock-down of Dvl-2 expression markedly reduced Wnt-3a-dependent changes in cell shape and movement, suggesting that this Dvl isoform had a predominant role in mediating Wnt-3a-dependent motility in Chinese hamster ovary cells...