Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Juntendo University School of Medicine
- Mononucleosis syndrome and acute monocytic leukemiaKenji Tamayose
Department of Hematolgy, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Haematol 68:236-8. 2002..Mononuclear leukocytes appearing during the mononucleosis syndrome were very similar to the initial leukemic cells. Varicella zoster virus mononucleosis syndrome was confirmed by delayed herpes zoster rash with dermatomal distribution...
- CD3-negative, CD20-positive T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia: case report and review of the literatureKenji Tamayose
Department of Hematology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hematol 71:331-5. 2002..Splenomegaly was a common feature. However, our case alone had "bright" CD20 expression on the leukemic cells. This is the first report of CD20(+) T-PLL...
- Low-dose doxorubicin-induced necrosis in Jurkat cells and its acceleration and conversion to apoptosis by antioxidantsKoichi Sugimoto
Department of Haematology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Haematol 118:229-38. 2002..Some of the prenecrotic cells, therefore, might survive and obtain genomic instability. Antioxidants may be useful to suppress, at least to some extent, this vicious consequence...
- Epstein-Barr virus infection of human natural killer cell lines and peripheral blood natural killer cellsYasushi Isobe
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2-1-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8421, Japan
Cancer Res 64:2167-74. 2004..We first report in vitro EBV infection of human NK cells and establishment of EBV-carrying NK clones, which should contribute to elucidate the role of EBV in the development of NK cell neoplasms...
- Changes in cell morphology and cytoskeletal organization are induced by human mitotic checkpoint gene, Bub1Jun Ando
Division of Haematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, 113 8421 Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:691-7. 2008..These observations suggest that Bub1 not only regulates the cell cycle, but also may be involved in the cytoskeletal control in interphase cells...
- Improvement of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura by antithyroid therapyKoichi Sugimoto
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Haematol 74:73-4. 2005....
- Hepatocyte growth factor receptor is a coreceptor for adeno-associated virus type 2 infectionYuji Kashiwakura
Department of Cardiology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Virol 79:609-14. 2005..These data suggest that c-Met plays the role of coreceptor for AAV2 infection by facilitating AAV2 internalization into the cytoplasm...
- Isolation of bone marrow stromal cell-derived smooth muscle cells by a human SM22alpha promoter: in vitro differentiation of putative smooth muscle progenitor cells of bone marrowYuji Kashiwakura
Department of Cardiology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2-1-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8421, Japan
Circulation 107:2078-81. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: We demonstrated the presence of a cell population fated to become SMCs and followed their differentiation into SMCs among BMSCs...
- Late appearance of t(1;19)(q11;q11) in myelodysplastic syndrome associated with dysplastic eosinophilia and pulmonary alveolar proteinosisJun Ando
Department of Hematology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo 113-8421, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 139:14-7. 2002..We postulate that this chromosomal rearrangement is involved in the development of eosinophilia and pulmonary alveolar proteinosis in MDS...
- More than 13 years of hypereosinophila associated with clonal CD3-CD4+ lymphocytosis of TH2/TH0 typeKoichi Sugimoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Hematol 75:281-4. 2002....
- Ancient ubiquitous protein 1 binds to the conserved membrane-proximal sequence of the cytoplasmic tail of the integrin alpha subunits that plays a crucial role in the inside-out signaling of alpha IIbbeta 3Atsushi Kato
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Biochemical Analysis, Central Laboratory of Medical Sciences, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:28934-41. 2002..As Aup1 possesses domains related to signal transduction, these results suggest involvement of Aup1 in the integrin signaling...
- Adeno-associated virus 2-mediated intratumoral prostate cancer gene therapy: long-term maspin expression efficiently suppresses tumor growthMasami Watanabe
Department of Urology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Hum Gene Ther 16:699-710. 2005..We conclude that AAV-mediated prolonged maspin expression efficiently suppresses human prostate tumor growth in vivo by apoptosis induction and inhibition of angiogenesis...
- Cytokine-producing sarcoma mimics eosinophilic leukaemiaJun Ando
Eur J Haematol 78:169-70. 2007